Has anyone setup Stream TV Home using the FIOS TV Home app with a firestick?
GumpNJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been trying to get this to work for over a week.  Everyone is stumped and seems to be an issue at VZ FIOS.  Has anyone used this?  Want to know if I am wasting my time, will the app work like using a box?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has anyone setup Stream TV Home using the FIOS TV Home app with a firestick?
Coop11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've got GB internet service + FiOS TV One box w/streaming. Set up to multiple TVs w FireSticks. It works, but trying to figure out some intermittent issues. It's a little more annoying that the old 'direct' DVR service (wired) but not clear yet if that's the app implementation or issues with the wifi link - which i am presently trying to debug. Here are some suggestions

1) call verizon and verify your streaming option is enabled

2) your firestick MUST be on the SSID put up by the Verizon router, even if tech support says that's not required. they are wrong.  the firestick cant find the TV One box unless on the same network address space as TV One box.

3) verify the TV One box works by directly connecting a TV via HDMI to the TV One box (even if just temporarily)

hope this helps

View solution in original post

Re: Has anyone setup Stream TV Home using the FIOS TV Home app with a firestick?
Coop11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've got GB internet service + FiOS TV One box w/streaming. Set up to multiple TVs w FireSticks. It works, but trying to figure out some intermittent issues. It's a little more annoying that the old 'direct' DVR service (wired) but not clear yet if that's the app implementation or issues with the wifi link - which i am presently trying to debug. Here are some suggestions

1) call verizon and verify your streaming option is enabled

2) your firestick MUST be on the SSID put up by the Verizon router, even if tech support says that's not required. they are wrong.  the firestick cant find the TV One box unless on the same network address space as TV One box.

3) verify the TV One box works by directly connecting a TV via HDMI to the TV One box (even if just temporarily)

hope this helps

GumpNJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I finally got it working, but I was glad I hadn’t returned my 3 minis yet that I was trying to eliminate.  The app is pretty cumbersome and although I could work with it I don’t think anyone else in my home would be able to.  Major bust.

Coop11
Enthusiast - Level 2

been trying to engage verizon w feedback

1. firestick will lose the connection to TV One if left unattended for a long period - requires Firestick reboot

2. closed captions are horrendous. all kinds of issues

a. old captions linger on screen during commercials, sometimes

b. formatting/position is all over the place

c. often cut off at the left edge, missing words

d. all the other **bleep** i can't remember

3. guide update is sluggish, you often have to stop and wait for it to fill in

4. going directly to a channel by # is ugly. requires too many click-arounds

that's after i reduced other major issues to a dull roar like

5. audio dropouts or jitter

6. same for video

7. unprompted jump back from programming to guide at random

8. several errors trying to contact the TV One box

these last few seem to have been reduced or eliminated by shutting off various other unneeded WIFI SSIDS we had in our house, causing interference, etc

the annoying part is the raw bandwidth seemed fine by all testing, but it was not until i put a wifi analyzer up and saw what was overlapping with what and shut down everything i could that things improved.

Verizon, please fix the app up to current standards.

0 Likes