Have a combo DVD/Vcr I need to know how to switch over to play my movies and Disks Please
MEME26
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi-- I have a nice Emerson DVD/VCR combo and it is hooked up to the TV ; but I do not know if there is anything I need to do to switch over to play it . I really want to play my old movies and Disks. I used to have Cable and it was very easy and all I had to do was put the TV on channel 4 and turn on the Power but I dont know what to do since I got Verizon. I did talk to an on line tech but he acted as if he never knew what a DVD player is 🙂 Can some one please help me ? Thank You so much 

0 Likes
Re: Have a combo DVD/Vcr I need to know how to switch over to play my movies and Disks Please
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have HDMI on both units then ...

Hook up DVD player to HDMI 2,3 or4  on your TV

I'm assuming that your TV is using HDMI 1

Then use  your TV remote to change to the HDMI you selected.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes
Re: Have a combo DVD/Vcr I need to know how to switch over to play my movies and Disks Please
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Need more  info on how it is cabled to TV.

As previously mentioned, you can use alternate HDMI.

I assume, based on data you gave, player was hooked to TV via coax.

Consult the manual for your TV on how to switch inputs.

If you no longer have manual, try searching for model number online.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it works on channel 4 then it's most likely connected with coaxial from DVD to TV. Look for a button on your remote that says "source" or "input" and change you TV from say HDMI to TV and make sure TV is on ch 4. 

0 Likes