Having trouble with Closed Captioning
s0m3f00l

While FIOS can display its own CC. It does not send the data to my TV. So I am forced to use the FIOS CC. Is there anyway to use my TV sets CC and turn off the Verizon one? The Tv has a crisper look and more configurable options than the FIOS HDSTB

0 Likes
Re: Having trouble with Closed Captioning
milhaus_vz
Contributor - Level 1

s0m3f00l --

Thanks for posting on our community forums.  Our boxes, as you know, have options for decoding and displaying the closed captions itself.  However, the box does pass on the information to the TV along with the video feed.  Some TVs have limitations on their closed caption and what input type it can decode the information over.  For example, some TVs can decode and display the CC over a coax or composit cable, but not over component.  I suggest checking with your TV manual or the TV vendor to see how to set up the CC on the TV and if there are any limitations.  ^MRM

0 Likes
Re: Having trouble with Closed Captioning
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@s0m3f00l wrote:

While FIOS can display its own CC. It does not send the data to my TV. So I am forced to use the FIOS CC. Is there anyway to use my TV sets CC and turn off the Verizon one? The Tv has a crisper look and more configurable options than the FIOS HDSTB

If you are using an HDMI cable to connect your box, then it can't display CC since the HDMI specification never made provisions for passing the CC information for the TV to decode (this is true of ALL HDMI connections, not just Verizon's STB).  You can try using component (RED, GREEN, BLUE for Video and RED, WHITE for Audio) and see if your set gets and decodes the CC information (component supports up to 1080i resolution - the highest current delivered by the STB).