Help contacting Verizon......
mginsburg4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Greetings...........

I hope this is posted in the right area..... I'm very new to this forum, so apologies to the mods and admin if I'm making work for you....

I am having some issues with one STB and really would prefer to speak to a HUMAN rather than this darn chat I seem to get driven to every time I seek support.  Heck, I can't even get an email addy to contact support either now that I think about it. 

Anyhow, is there a phone number out there that will allow me to contact Verizon for help?  I feel like a rat in a maze trying to get support.  It sure was not this hard to sign up......

TIA for any help or advice.... sorry about the rant,  but I'm sick and tired of spending all this time for a few answers.....

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help contacting Verizon......
Hubrisnxs
Legend

A lot of people call and talk to Verizon Employee's every day, Sometimes you have to wait in line with everyone, but you'll get someone if you call that 1-800 Verizon number.

Otherways can be found at www.verizon.com/service

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What type of problem are you having?

If you go to verizon.com and then hit support, you can get a lot of info as well as find the number to call: Just Dial 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

A lot of people call and talk to Verizon Employee's every day, Sometimes you have to wait in line with everyone, but you'll get someone if you call that 1-800 Verizon number.

Otherways can be found at www.verizon.com/service

0 Likes
mginsburg4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the replies.....  I am having trouble with one STB.  For example, if I go to Channel 50 (USA Network with the package I have) and then want to zip to the HD channel by hitting "C", I end up "locked" on a black screen.  Happens with other channels as well.  Also, the remote doesn't seem to "communicate" well with the STB even if I make a point of directly pointing it at the STB.  Several other minor things I can't recall right now -- should be writing them down, but going to the black screen is the main issue.

I do understand that I may have to "wait in line" to speak to a rep and have no problem with that.  I do not expect an immediate transfer to a human.     

Spent a bit of time trying the online support going in circles and finally gave up and tried chat.  It was useless.  I'm in one room with the computer on chat and the STB is on another room.  Sort of hard to run between rooms trying to remember all the instructions I'm supposed to carry out.  A waste of time far as I'm concerned. 

In total I spent >1.5 hours looking for either an email addy or phone number to get some kind of comms going after the failed chat session.  I can't do the chat thing unless I buy a lappie.  I did get a phone call after the sessioned was somehow terminated, but I could not understand a word the person was saying other than "Verizon".  It was a real strange convo.  Sounded like he was a million miles away.

I will try the number you posted, and again I thank you for the replies.  Hopefully I will have a better experience tomorrow. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried rebooting the box?

0 Likes
mginsburg4
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes, I have to no avail. Well, let me clarify -- sometimes, the box will work properly, and other times it will continue to "have a mind of its own".
Because of my inability to consistently recreate the problem it is hard to try and figure out what the trouble is. I've only noted this kind of on and off again trouble with say a HD that is beginning to fail.
Hope this makes sense.....lol.....
0 Likes
woofer11188
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just experianced the worst 2 hours you can imagine. I just wanted to check my bill. Customer service will hang up on you if you raise your voice. They don't care if you have to wait over 2 hours or not. 

Help!!!!  It's very sad and I made a 2 year committment

0 Likes