How do I fix the Display for the Guide?
C-pher

OK, so I turned on my TV in the basement for the first time since the upgrade.  It asked me to set it up with the TV size, how to do the SD TV channels, etc..and I have a pretty decent full size guide.  I was suprised because the HD TV upstairs only shows 4 channels and about an hour or so horizontaly.  I was very upset because I can't really see anything or plan to watch as there's really no info on the guide.  But, when I saw that the TV downstairs had a pretty full guide I wanted to make the one Upstairs do the same.

I can't.

I go to Settings, Video settings, Video Format and it's set to 1080i 16:9. SD Overide is 480i, TV Type is 16:9  And that's the only options that I have on that screen.  I need to check downstairs, but I swear that i have more options on that box.  THe one upstairs is the DVR, the one downstsirs is just a HD box.

IT's driving me nuts because the guide is pretty much useless as you can't really see anything.

0 Likes
Re: How do I fix the Display for the Guide?
Gordman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue.  One STB (7100-1) "interviewed" me about guide settings and allowed me to set it for widescreen, my second STB (also 7100-1) just automatically displayed the guide and info screens in widescreen format, but my DVR (6416-2 Multiroom) will not show the guide nor the info bar/page at full width no matter what I do.  I'm configured as 16:9 and 1080i.  

Comparing the Menu-->Settings options, the STBs have an option under Video Settings that allows me to choose a Graphics Setting of SD or HD.  The DVR does not, and displays the graphics as if it was set to SD.  I've reset the box but nothing changed.  Very frustrating... 

0 Likes
hracer
Contributor - Level 2
Gordman the 6xxx series set-top-boxes do not have the ability to provide the guide in widescreen. Only the 7xx series and the Cisco boxes can show in widescreen format. There is nothing wrong with the box. 
0 Likes
frog87661
Enthusiast - Level 2

go to settings / video settings /graffic settings /and change to HD

0 Likes