How do I hide unsubscribed/unavailable channels in the guide?
mgstauffer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

As the subject says, I'd like to figure out how to hide channels in the guide that I'm not subscribed to. I can't find a way. I don't want to have to manually add every channel I *am* subscribed to to a favorite, that's silly. This is a feature that DishTV had that I assumed was just commonsense, but I'm wondering if it's impossible with FIOS? Thanks.

Cheers,

Michael

0 Likes
Re: How do I hide unsubscribed/unavailable channels in the guide?
Justin46
Legend

@mgstauffer wrote:

Hi,

As the subject says, I'd like to figure out how to hide channels in the guide that I'm not subscribed to. I can't find a way. I don't want to have to manually add every channel I *am* subscribed to to a favorite, that's silly. This is a feature that DishTV had that I assumed was just commonsense, but I'm wondering if it's impossible with FIOS? Thanks.

Cheers,

Michael

Using Favorites is the only way to do it, at least for now. So if hiding those channels is important to you, you need to bite the bullet and do it - it isn't hard, and really doesn't take that much time once you get started. You do not have to add all of the channels you subscribe to, you can add all and delete the ones you don't want, you can add just the ones you care about, you can add or delete individual channels later at any time without going through the setup in the Menu, etc, there are lots of options for setting up and managing your Favorites.

Here is a link to a thread on this subject:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Exploiting-FiOS-TV-Favorites/td-p/9935

In that thread there is a link to a document (PDF) that might help you set up your Favoites more easily.

When the next level of the IMG, 1.9, comes out (hopefully) late this year or early next year, there might be some improvements in the process of managing the channels you are subscibed to, at least we can hope there are. Smiley Happy

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
mgstauffer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Justin. Being able to add all channels and then selectively remove is one step better than the other way around, so that's what I'll try. But I'm still surprised you can't just automatically exlcude unavailable channels. I can't help feel that Verizon wants it that way so we're constantly teased with what we're not subscribed to, in the hopes that we'll sign up!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@mgstauffer wrote:

Thanks Justin. Being able to add all channels and then selectively remove is one step better than the other way around, so that's what I'll try. But I'm still surprised you can't just automatically exlcude unavailable channels. I can't help feel that Verizon wants it that way so we're constantly teased with what we're not subscribed to, in the hopes that we'll sign up!

Oh yeah, you are probably right on that. But for now Favorites is all we have. There are requests in the Verizon Idea Exchange similar to what you are asking for, you might want to go over there and vote. Here is a link to the thread:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Add-an-option-to-hide-channels-that-I-don...

And the current response to that item is "In Progress" so Verizon does plan to do something positive in this area, you can read what details Verizon has provided.

One caution with the add all and then selectively delete approach: right now you may not realize how many channels there are! In my case for example, the number I had to add was probably only 1/3 of the number I would have had to delete if I took that approach. One good thing though is that you can start one way, find out you made a mistake, delete them all and start out again with a different approach.

Good luck. And we can both hope that the 1.9 release will deliver what you want.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes