How do I set up the My FiOS Mobile Remote app?
Waambo
Enthusiast - Level 3

The support topic at http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/guide/enhanced+tv/fios+mobile+remote/127169.htm says to register my device using the set top box FiOS Mobile Remote widget, but there is no FiOS Mobile Remote widget available on my set top box.

Using the mobile app just gives me an error: "No Set Top Box found. Make sure your STB is turned on.".

0 Likes
Re: How do I set up the My FiOS Mobile Remote app?
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Waambo wrote:

The support topic at http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/guide/enhanced+tv/fios+mobile+remote/127169.htm says to register my device using the set top box FiOS Mobile Remote widget, but there is no FiOS Mobile Remote widget available on my set top box.

Using the mobile app just gives me an error: "No Set Top Box found. Make sure your STB is turned on.".

I believe those instructions are out of date.  You just need to ensure that the Remote DVR functionality for the STB is enabled in the STB settings menu.  Also, the STB and your Android or IOS device need to be on the same network WiFi segment in your home.

0 Likes
lakelazy

Try the support Live Chat feature. I was having an issue with the mobile app connecting to the STB and just got it resolved today. The "backend team" had to run some commands on the server for it to work. This problem was preventing remote access to my DVR from both the Mobile App and a web browser and PC. Hope this helps in case it's the same problem as you are experiencing. Warning: be patient though as they are going to make you reset your router, reset the STB, etc. They have a script they have to follow apparently before engaging the "backend team".

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes