How to change audio format Cisco CHS 335HDC?
Sammy334
Enthusiast - Level 1

Vizio LED TV works best with L-PCM audio format.

The CISCO CHS 335HDC STB is presently set at AC3.

How can I change that through the diagnostics menue?

0 Likes
Re: How to change audio format Cisco CHS 335HDC?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry but currently there is no way to change this using an alternative menu.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Sammy334 wrote:

Vizio LED TV works best with L-PCM audio format.

The CISCO CHS 335HDC STB is presently set at AC3.

How can I change that through the diagnostics menue?

Known issue. The only solution is to not use HDMI, connection. Some TVs do have handshake issues. Here is a place to vote for a menu setting to be added in the software and firmware.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Sound-problems-with-Cisco-DVRs-STBs/idi-p...

More information and a similar thread

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Survey-on-sound-problems-with-Cisco-DVR/m-...

Just a Note. I have an older Samsung with a CHS-435, and two different model Vizio sets with CHS-335s and have no issues with HDMI. Perhaps a different cable or use a component cable, with separate audio.

0 Likes
Sammy334
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the replies Anthony & Prisaz.

I did switch over to a component connection.  However that did not correct the issue.  The Vizio is a recent LED model and appears to have a design or component lot issue since it locks up and the screen goes black and silences the audio but the power stays on.  Then at some point I need to unplug the TV in order to restart the TV.

I'll now go back to Vizio since this unit is under warranty.

Thanks again!

KH67885

The sound cut off problem is the HDMI handshake issue. It CAN be solved by alwaysturning your TV set on first, then after waiting 10 seconds, the Fios STB. The problem with this is that the sequence must ALWAYS be repeated to avoid thesound cut offs. So if you turn your TV off with the STB still on, you will be back to square one.

You could turn off your STB every tme you don't th TV but the time required to initialize all verizon FIOS channels makes this impractical. Switching to component cables when we've had HDMI for years is not attractive. 

That the CISCO DVRs do NOT have theability to set thesound to L-PCM is another obstacle, and it is bewildering that Verizon FIOS has not addressed this simple solution. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes