How to enable PCM output on optical/ digtal coax connections on my DVR.
rockd42

I have the Motorola QIP 7232. I want to connect the DVR to my external DAC that only supports PCM. So I wanted to know if I could set the optical/digtal coax to output PCM instead of dolby digital. 

0 Likes
Re: How to enable PCM output on optical/ digtal coax connections on my DVR.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I know there is a menu in the unit that allows you to choose PCM,  I don't know if it's exactly what you are looking for, so please report back and let us know.

What you have to do is use two hands, one to press a button on the dvr, and then the other hand will have the remote and you will hit two buttons. 

1/2 second interval between each button press.  1-2-3

so on one hand power off the cable box from the front display. 

the other hand use the remote and hit ok and then hit menu   (not at the same time, do them one at a time) 

the place where I found PCM was under 'additional hdmi options' and under audio.    

0 Likes
rockd42

Thanks for your response. I did try that, but it didn't do anything. Also I believe that option only applies to the HDMI audio output. If my DAC or receiver had an HDMI connection than I think that would work. I just have a Parasound 2-channel processor and an external dac that I wanted to use to improve the sound quality by bypassing the DVR's internal DAC. 

I think it's a lost cause just thought I'd ask, because in the guide it said those connections can output PCM. 

0 Likes
Russell6

I'm trying to access the hidden menu to outpit L-PCM, but I'm having trouble getting to the hidden menu.  When I follow the steps, I see a black and white menu for less than a second, and then it is gone.  Any advise about how to get to this menu?

0 Likes
Rocketdan1

Thank you! I had audio sync problems, including total audio dropout, on my new Sharp 60" 7450U, and the AquosAdvantage support told me it was a known issue and I just had to change my STB audio output to L-PCM. I called Verizon support. 2 1/2 hours later, after talking to 4 reps (including Premium Support who wanted to charge me) I was unable to find out how to get to the setup screen on a Motorola QIP 7232. I had tried Power-OK-Menu numerous times, on the remote. You were the first one who told me the power button had to be the one on the STB. This took 60 seconds after that good info. Problem resolved. Thanks again.

0 Likes
ydnar1

I just followed the directions above, in 2021, and it worked!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes