How to file a complaint
andrew123451

Between last night over the phone and today via live chat I have spent 1.5 hours of my time trying to resolve an issue with a broken set top box.  I went through the automated repair system, then went through probably half an hour of repair/diagnostic steps with tech #1.  Tech #1 said it was an issue with the set top box and he would connect me with someone who would send out a new set top box.  He connected me to Tech #2.

When I first got connected to Tech #2 he proceeded to try and re-diagnose the problem I had just spent 45 minutes to diagnose.  After explaining that I already went through diagnostic steps and I was supposed to be connected with someone to send me a new set top box, I was put on hold for about five minutes and was informed I had been connected to the wrong person, and that I would now be connected to someone else.

Tech #3 then proceeded to do exactly what tech #2 tried to do, re-diagnose the problem.  Tech #3 also informed me that Tech #1 is not as good at diagnosing these problems as she is, so I should go through diagnosing the problem with her.  At this point it had been an hour and five minutes and I had no more patience. I calmly explained to tech #3 that I had already gone through diagnosing the problem and was told it was my set top box, and that I had already unhooked the set top box because I was told it was broken.  She insisted that I work with her to diagnose the problem, and I insisted that she proceed with replacing the set top box.

At this point the situation is supposedly resolved. Tech #3 accepted my request and told me I could pick up the box at the verizon store near me the next day, and I will need the confirmation number she is going to email me.

Next morning, still no email with a confirmation number.

I then went to Verizon livechat and told tech #4 exactly what had happened.  They then asked for my set top box serial number, and when I said I wasn't at home, they asked that I "Please reach us back we need to troubleshoot and then only I can replace the box for you."  Clearly Tech #4 did not pay any attention to what I had told them at the beginning of our conversation.  I told Tech #4 that I already completed the troubleshooting and that I need the confirmation number to pick up the new set top box. Tech #4 now sends me to Tech #5 for further assistance.

Tech #5.  For some reason I am having to provide answers to my secret account questions to Tech #5, even though I already answered these questions to log into my account and connect to live chat. I am now being told the answer to my secret question is wrong, even though I correctly used it to verify my account an hour ago. Tech #5 then asked for my primary email and account number for verification.  I told them I am at work and do not have my account number handy.  "I am sorry, but to verify the account I will need both pieces of information."  That was followed by Tech #5 disconnecting from the chat without saying anything further.

0 Likes
Re: How to file a complaint
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi andrew12345,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes