How to find out how many programs I can record at once on my DVR?
billyj2
Enthusiast - Level 2
Since there's no printed documentation and it takes hours to sift through the online help, let alone the phone "support," I have to ask these seemingly trivial questions. How many programs can I record simultaneously on the DVR?
Re: How to find out how many programs I can record at once on my DVR?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depends on the model.

a 7XXX can record up to 2 programs (you can't watch anything else live while that is going on).

A VMS can record up to 6 programs. But if you are watching programs via IPC each one takes a tuner.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

THe 7xxx and 6xxx HD DVR's can record 2 programs at a time Hopefully you  don't have a 6xxx or a Standard Definition DVR.

A VMS used in Quantum service has 6 tuners and can do 6 recordings at a time. However for each program you watch at the VMS or the satellite IPC's you use a tuner and lose one ability to record.

VMS boxes in some areas are also being used with all but 2 tuners disabled (non-quantum service).  I don't know if this means that if the VMS and a IPC are in use you have no ability to record, or not.  And I don't know if you can have more than one IPC in such configuration.

PaQuilter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for explaining this. I knew I had Quantum Enhanced Service and was suppose to be able to record up to 6 shows. I couldn't figure out why I could only record 3 shows at a time.  We have 1 HD Multi Room DVR and 3 more HD Stbs with everyone taping their own shows AND watching something else your explanation makes perfect sense. Thank you! 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes