I have tried several FioS One Minis and cannot connect to wifi
TechieNOT

I keep getting Wifi connection failed (Error Code:4202-A02)

I just upgraded to the FioS TV One boxes. So far, I have had to connect two minis directly with Coax cable. Now I'm in the guest room and DETERMINED to get the mini to connet to wifi.

I have tried turning the router off and back on twice. Each time I retry the sequence, pressing the WPS button on the router and waiting for the mini to connect. Is there some way to do this manually? Can I just choose my router from a list and type in the password? This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have tried several FioS One Minis and cannot connect to wifi
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Did you go through the procedure on the main 4100 box where you add the mini to the system then name it? If not try that. Also you can NOT have a coax cable hooked up to mini you are trying to connect wirelessly. All you need to do is plug the mini into TV, power up the mini and it should find the network itself. You do not use the WPS button as the mini connects to a hidden wifi ssid provided by the router. If still no joy, go in the VMS menu, system, Fios TV one settings, disconnect Fios TV one mini, reboot the works, start again.

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Did you go through the procedure on the main 4100 box where you add the mini to the system then name it? If not try that. Also you can NOT have a coax cable hooked up to mini you are trying to connect wirelessly. All you need to do is plug the mini into TV, power up the mini and it should find the network itself. You do not use the WPS button as the mini connects to a hidden wifi ssid provided by the router. If still no joy, go in the VMS menu, system, Fios TV one settings, disconnect Fios TV one mini, reboot the works, start again.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using a FIOS router?

Do you have good wifi coverage in the area where you are trying to connect the mini?

If easy, can you try the mini in another room and see if it can connect via wifi?

Jesstafari
Enthusiast - Level 1

The way to connect Fios TV One Mini boxes is connect HDMI, plug into outlet, let it load, when prompted, click any button on remote to watch tv, get to the screen where it shows a picture of the back of the Mini box, click info button on the remote, let it fail, wait until you get to the page where there's a message on the screen that reads "press the WPS button within 4 minutes...". While you're on that screen, press the WPS button for only 4 seconds and let go, that should make the white wifi logo on router blink a couple of times, return to your tv and that screen will go to a loading activation screen automatically. Let it load and you should be good to go. 🙂

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes