IPC1100 issue
RunCMC

I can't get one of my IPS1100 to work. Its failing during setup with either error code 7200 or 7300.

Here's the history.

1. Tech installed and tested the main box and 2 clients: Familty Room (FR) and Master Bedroom (MB). I was moving so I didn't have any TVs to test it on but the tech tested the signal and said everything was good to go.

2. I hooked up the main tv with no issues.

3. I attempted to hook up the MB tv but continually got error code 7200. I spent 2+ hours on the phone with tech support and got no where. 

4. A second tech came out and said that the issue was a week signal in MB.

5. We setup the FR and it worked fine.

6. The tech then said he was going to start billing me for his time so I asked him to leave.

7. I moved the FR box to the MB and its working fine,

8. I moved the MB box to the FR and its not working there either. So I have one box that isn't working in the FR.

Although the tech attributed the failure to a weak signal I'm not so sure thats the case since I switched the boxes and one box worked in both spots and the other box failed in both spots. Sounds like a bad box but I'm wondering if there are other things I can try. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thx!!

0 Likes
Re: IPC1100 issue
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The clients work off of the server. Was the server hooked up the whole time you were swapping boxes around?

0 Likes
RunCMC

yes. The server has been up the whole time.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

If that is the case then you either have something wrong with that box or the MOCA 2.0 levels on that coax are too low.

0 Likes