Ion HD?
ssetta
Contributor - Level 1
Apparently, the Ion network now broadcasts in HD, and a lot of local Ion affiliates are now in HD, including the one here in Boston. Comcast just added it last month, but now, it is one of only two HD channels that Comcast carries and VZ does not (the other one being AMC HD). It would only be fair if Ion HD were added, since VZ offers all of the digital cheesy subchannels of Ion, which Comcast doesn't.
0 Likes
Re: Ion HD?
robertf390
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi:

I agree with this comment - same goes for us in the NY area where Cablevision carries ION although from what I have been told everything is stretched with little or no actual HD programming.  Another point I have noticed in the channel listings for my area code for FIOS, they list channel 523 (NJN-PBS) as a channel carried in HD but we do not receive it.  

0 Likes
steved1990
Enthusiast - Level 2
I live in the Boston area as well. I am able to see Ion in HD on my OTA bedroom TV. Nothing I have seen is stretched. They either have HD or 4:3 SD on WBPX (Boston affiliate). 
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
The scheduled date for the New York area to add WPXN, WNJN, WNJU HD is July 22, subject to change.
0 Likes
robertf390
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi:

Per your response, thanks for the info - much appreciated. It does appear that we did in fact receive two of these additions this morning (WNJU and WNJN) but still no ION (WPXN). This was the one I was particularly looking forward to - since you obviously are in the know on this topic, any update on when ION will be added to the NY area.  

WNJN (PBS) does have HD programming and I really won't be watching WNJU as it broadcasts Spanish but am glad to see FIOS is adding HD broadcasts.

Again, thanks for the info and any updates you could offer -  

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Glad to see they added two today, I'll find out what happened to ION.
0 Likes
Chitchatjf
Enthusiast - Level 3

No ION HD in Boston.

It is not just 68.

WMUR in Manchester and WENH in Durham are also not in HD.

0 Likes
lowrider
any info on when ion hd is coming to philly area
0 Likes
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

@lowrider wrote:
any info on when ion hd is coming to philly area
ION HD? Why? Infomercials in hi-def? No thanks...  
0 Likes