Is there a way to organize Fios TV Search Results?
PinkCow123

Hey!

I'm new to FIOS, coming from Comcast.  While there were a lot of things I hated about Comcast, I thougth their TV search function was pretty good.  

2 questions that I haven't been able to figure out:

1.  Is there a way to "smart" search?  For instance, with Comcast, I could simply start typing the name of a show with the number pad, e.g., for show "ABC", I would just type "222," and it would figure out what I wanted.  It doesn't appear Fios has anything like this.  Is that right?  

2.  When I search for a show with several seasons, the search results are completely unorganized.  I see no option to fix this.  For instance, if I search for "Curb Your Enthusiasm," and select the show, it will show me a list of all the episodes in a totally random order.  It's really hard to find particular episodes or pick up where I left off when it's like this.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to organize Fios TV Search Results?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

FIOS does have smart search. Hit B to bring up search.
Then as you start typing it will start showing matches on the right.

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to organize Fios TV Search Results?
PinkCow123

@CRobGauth wrote:

FIOS does have smart search. Hit B to bring up search.
Then as you start typing it will start showing matches on the right.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. Yes, I know there is a search function and know how to find it, but the search does not seem to work very quickly.  With Comcast, in the search function, you use the numbers on the remote control itself and it kind of predicts the show you want .  When I try to do that when pushing "B", it just types numbers.  There is a "cell phone" option, but that makes me, e.g., type 222 for one leter, whereas with Comcast, I may have been able to type 222 and found ABC.  For instance, if I want to find the show "Futurama," I have 2 choices, Keyboard mode  or phone mode.  In Keyboard mode, I have to scroll to every letter on the screen, which takes a little while.  In phone mode, I have to take a while typing out the letters like texting 10 years ago.

It's like Comcast has a T9 word function.

0 Likes