Issue witih FIOS phone/tablet app when using Google Wifi
SteveMarkham

I got Google wifi recently.  It works fine and all, but I soon noticed an issue with the FIOS app for iPhone/iPad.  Certain features don't work like the DVR playback.  I came to find out that the DVR and the device must be on the same subnet for it to work.  The issue is my devices are on the google wifi subnet and the DVR was still on the Verizon subnet. 

So what I ended up doing was getting a MoCA adapter.  I disconnected the Coax cable from the Verizon router (a G1100), and plugged it into the network port on the MoCA adapter, and plugged an ethernet cable from the MoCA adapter into the LAN port on the Google Wifi puck.  Then I rebooted the DVR, and I thought all was good at that point because the DVR got an IP address from the Google Wifi subnet.  When I opened the FIOS app, it said it had successfully connected to the main DVR.  BUT, when I went to play back something from the DVR, I just see the spinning circle like it's buffering for a few minutes then eventually errors out.  Same deal when I go to play any live channel.

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening?  Any way to fix?

0 Likes
Re: Issue witih FIOS phone/tablet app when using Google Wifi
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Read the thread in the internet forum on how to configure up your own router with Verizon stb. There are a number of ports that you need to open to make it all work.

0 Likes