Keep WXXA Channel 08 and 508
cjmac49
Enthusiast - Level 1

Keep WXXA Albany, NY as the programming is very good.

0 Likes
Re: Keep WXXA Channel 08 and 508
tns
Master - Level 2

Its just another one of the carriage agreements renewal disputes. This time with Newport LLC. Probably an agreement will be reached even though for this one the date is close.

0 Likes
majorjello

I second this motion, if only for the Giants game on Sunday.

0 Likes
sheehanje

Unbelievable timing to have a dispute with WXXA-23 right before the NFL Divisional Playoffs...

Glad I invited friends over to watch the games, only to try and get an over the air signal with an HD antenna (which, by the way, is not working)...

I am seriously considering dropping FiOS TV (and phone/internet along with it), even if that means paying the early termination fee.

The only ones who loose in these disputes is the consumer. 

0 Likes
JLAUSTER

WXXA is one of the most viewed in this area need to keep

0 Likes
majorjello

Actually, I heard that the problem is with the company that owns WXXA.  I could care less about the local affiliates, if it's possible to give us the national broadcast.

0 Likes
optivity
Contributor - Level 3

I'm a Verizon FiOS/Wireless subscriber and an NFL fan. I'm pretty upset with Verizon & WXXA right now and will be extremely unhappy if I miss the NFL divisional playoff games on FOX this weekend.

I'm so mad right now I am seriously contemplating paying the early termination fee to drop FiOS TV and switch cell phone providers.

Verizon, wake up!

0 Likes
JustBee13

I too am a subscriber and NFL fan.  This absolutely sucks.  As many people that watch Fox for primetime shows and NFL how could they not reach an agreement.  I wonder if this is a ploy to get people to call and complain or to jump the Verizon Fios ship.  I hope this is just temporarily and they reach an agreement soon.  I would hate to have to go out somewhere to watch the game.

0 Likes
Tryin2Bnice

This is my first post on this forum and most likely my last. i have been a verizon customer for over 15 years. I even gave DSL a shot back in the day and that was a wreck because I was on the edge of my Hubs limitations and had terrible service ( in a city of at least 25,000 people), and had to go back to Time Warner. Well, Fios hit my street and I gave it a shot because the sales dude sold me on the benefits and savings........he also lied to me about several things it seems. I had immediate issues with the second hand hardware, but worked through it on my efforts. A couple weeks in, again more issues, and time wasted figuring them out. Then I call to cancel the "free" HBO after 90 days and get rid of a faulty set top box and towards the end of the 16 minute phone ordeal.......the fricken phone goes dead and I'm back to square one.

NOW, I have a TV station within a bike ride away that has been part of my TV watching since it hit the air over 20 years ago.......suddenly has been removed from the channel package that I have signed on for.

I have the utmost faith in VerizonWireless Cell service, but Verizon Internet and TV has a long way to go to show that they are a threat to Time Warner's services.

Thanks for letting me vent,

Signed, Dis-Appointed

0 Likes
nfahrenkopf

Second! I love my Verizon FiOS internet (when it works) but this is such a joke! Get your "stuff" together Verizon! You can't be **bleep** off customers this early in the game, otherwise Time Warner is going to eat you up. If they don't bring back FOX23 soon I will switch back to Time Warner. Luckily I don't have an early termination fee to deal with!

0 Likes