Keep getting VOD_140 Error when trying to watch a VOD purchased movie
dms22

These forums suck.  As a former Verizon employee who worked on the very first VOD system for Bell Atlantic Video/TELE-TV/Verizon FiOS, I can't believe how difficult it to navigate through all of the flotsam and jetsom that Verizon calls "Customer Support" and "Support Forums".  This is ridiculous!!

All I want to find out is: what is the VOD_140 error that I and others seem to be having, and what (besides going through STB's for Dummies instructions that I have ALREADY gone through) can be done to remedy the problem?  Add to that sitting on the phone for 30 minutes to figure out what the problem is.

***As I was typing this, I finally got a live person, who told me that VOD_140 is Verizon's system message that means they are having a system outage (which happens to be nationwide).  Here's an idea:  if you are having a system outage, WHY NOT JUST SAY SO??  Is that so freaking hard??  Jesus, we had fewer problems when we were running the world's first true VOD systems here in the NoVa area over copper/DSL lines...you would think the systems and customer interfaces would have improved considerably since 1993-94.

0 Likes