LG Soundbar causing Video Freeze on Fios One STB
LGinARL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Odd issue.  Bought new LG TV 65C9 and LG SLY6 Soundbar, when Soundbar is powered on it causes video freezing on my Fios TV box (wireless).  Even without Optical or HDMI to the soundbar connected, just powering it on alone with no other connections!  Doesn't matter if streaming Netflix through the STB, DVR, or Live TV.  Fios box is set to L-PCM after it was set to Auto, no change.

Streaming apps from the LG TV work just fine.  I'm at a lost.  I don't believe the issue is the Soundbar or the TV, really don't want to make multiple trips to store to try to solve. Issue must be the Fios Box.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Soundbar causing Video Freeze on Fios One STB
LGinARL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm thinking the soundbar must be interfereing with the wireless connection of the box.  Going to run a coax and see if that fixes the issue.  

View solution in original post

LGinARL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm thinking the soundbar must be interfereing with the wireless connection of the box.  Going to run a coax and see if that fixes the issue.  

LGinARL
Enthusiast - Level 2

that was it!  Need a coax connection.  

The soundbar causes some interference with the Fios One TV Wireless connection.  Not sure if this is specific to LG brand soundbar.  

Now I need to run a new coax line to my STB.