LIVE TV/Watch OnLine
RichardRV

I'm a new Verizon customer, switching from Comcast, and am very disappointed, extremely not satisfied would be more appropriate.  While @ Comcast/Xfinity - I used there online access either through the Comcast website, selecting what to watch directly from the TV Listings, and the program being delivered right to my screen, or using the Xfinity App to watch on either my Tablet or even Phone (Android).   As a new Verizon customer neither of those options exist.  The TV Listings viewed online is just that "VIEW" only, no other functionality exists.  Selecting "Live TV" brings up a screen listing (Grid Style) of Networks that might be available to watch.  No mention of the program OR the local channel.  Selecting a "Network" from the Verizon grid, re-directs you to that networks website and attempts to validate your Verizon credentials.  It may log you on to that networks site/program OR give you an error message requiring you to sign/log in and keeps you in a loop of entering and RE-ENTERING your login info, or in the case of the ABC Network you get a message saying "Online Streaming is not available in your area", OT in the case of the NBC Network, the network is not even listed as a choice/option, even though I can watch both of these on TV.   Once eventually connected to the Network, then you deal with that networks user interface, not a Verizon developed/controlled interface.  I would think that while using the Verizon site to access the service Verizon attempts to deliver, Verizon would want to control the delivery of that service.   Your "Live TV" page is not much more that a page listing a bunch of links/Bookmarks/Favorites to Networks with no channel or programming info.  I have used the Comcast online and wireless access for years and had no exposure to the Verizon "advertised" online or wireless capabilities.  Verizon customers I know do not use any other viewing options than "Wired" access.   I've developed customer online interfaces in a number of business applications and have never experienced any site as frustrating as the Verizon site.  Apparently Verizon mustn't have many users of the online or wireless applications or if you do the expectation level must be very low.   I plan on going back to Comcast as soon as I can and would share my experience with any who ask.

0 Likes
Re: LIVE TV/Watch OnLine
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon does offer FiosMobile and FiosTV Apps for android and Apple

These offer in app viewing of their channels.

I know it is not for PC based systems.

And if you have Verizon wireless, the data for these apps do not count against your monthly caps.

0 Likes
Re: LIVE TV/Watch OnLine
jonjones1
Legend

@RichardRVwrote:

@I'm a new Verizon customer, switching from Comcast, and am very disappointed, extremely not satisfied would be more appropriate.  While @ Comcast/Xfinity - I used there online access either through the Comcast website, selecting what to watch directly from the TV Listings, and the program being delivered right to my screen, or using the Xfinity App to watch on either my Tablet or even Phone (Android).   As a new Verizon customer neither of those options exist.  The TV Listings viewed online is just that "VIEW" only, no other functionality exists.  Selecting "Live TV" brings up a screen listing (Grid Style) of Networks that might be available to watch.  No mention of the program OR the local channel.  Selecting a "Network" from the Verizon grid, re-directs you to that networks website and attempts to validate your Verizon credentials.  It may log you on to that networks site/program OR give you an error message requiring you to sign/log in and keeps you in a loop of entering and RE-ENTERING your login info, or in the case of the ABC Network you get a message saying "Online Streaming is not available in your area", OT in the case of the NBC Network, the network is not even listed as a choice/option, even though I can watch both of these on TV.   Once eventually connected to the Network, then you deal with that networks user interface, not a Verizon developed/controlled interface.  I would think that while using the Verizon site to access the service Verizon attempts to deliver, Verizon would want to control the delivery of that service.   Your "Live TV" page is not much more that a page listing a bunch of links/Bookmarks/Favorites to Networks with no channel or programming info.  I have used the Comcast online and wireless access for years and had no exposure to the Verizon "advertised" online or wireless capabilities.  Verizon customers I know do not use any other viewing options than "Wired" access.   I've developed customer online interfaces in a number of business applications and have never experienced any site as frustrating as the Verizon site.  Apparently Verizon mustn't have many users of the online or wireless applications or if you do the expectation level must be very low.   I plan on going back to Comcast as soon as I can and would share my experience with any who ask.

However painful it may be Fios tv is just not like the cable companies who have been in the off network or home viewing game. They have spent years perfecting the viewing online, in app for tablets, phone and laptops.

verizon is way behind in that technology. Just like cable systems are way behind offering cellular service as a few of them now do.

its a trade off. Sometimes it works for the customer sometimes it doesn’t.

0 Likes