Late Oct 2020 update: Picture stretching on 30-second skip and menu transitions
Guitarguyy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got the latest October update (FIOS One boxes), and it seems like whenever the 30-second skip is pressed, the aspect ratio is attempting to flip automatically between stretched and back to 16:9.  Pressing less often (slowly, once every 2-3 seconds) doesn't always result in the problem. Incredibly annoying!

Seems to be related to having the info box pop up (with the +30 sec) as a result of the skip, which temporarily changes the aspect ratio and then corrects itself. Transitioning between guide menus sometimes results in the same issue, and there is definitely increased latency when transitioning between channels and when using the 30-sec skip with the pop-up indication on screen (a new addition in the Sept update?). I would like to request to have an option to disable this indicator!

Tried flipping every setting in the menu, and couldn't reduce the problem. SD stretching is set OFF. TV setup is the same, only change was the recent box updates. Using a 4K LG OLED with 1080p box setting. Changing these settings didn't address anything.

Anyone else having similar issues? Help!

0 Likes
Re: Late Oct 2020 update: Picture stretching on 30-second skip and menu transitions
Guitarguyy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update: Did some various testing, and this issue only occurs when using the HDMI passthrough though Xbox One X with the latest set top box October update only.

When using direct pass through from the FIOS One box directly to the TV, I am able to select 4K output settings and I no longer see the stretching issues with the 30 second skip transitions. The latency with 30 second skip (and the annoying "30+" and info popups) remains, however, so this has slowed down considerably.

When using the Xbox One X HDMI passthrough (with all HDMI 2.2-compliant cables), I am only able to select up to 1080p resolution from the FIOS One box and the issues continue.

So the problems appear to be:

• Supporting 4K output from the FIOS One to XBOX One X input
  • Terrible latency for 30-second skip, with popups for 30+ and info box (new)
  • New incompatibilities with XBOX One X input, which appears to be detecting a resolution change on each 30-sec skip press.
0 Likes