Limiting channels viewable to a small list for elderly?
Jesup1

I need to limit the viewable channels on one settop to a specific list (not all subscribed), and not just using a favorite list.  Eldery people trying to use a settop with hundreds of channels end up totally lost.  They also don't know how to use a favorite list, and if they did know, they'd forget, or decades-long ingrained habits would override it.  He doesn't know how to use the guide, after having FiOS for 12 years.

I can't go and delete every channel (subscribed or not) in order to limit the viewable channels; it would take forever.

Is there some trick I'm missing?  Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Limiting channels viewable to a small list for elderly?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Like previous poster said you have to setup favorites. It's very easy

Settings/System/Favorite Channels/Favorites 1/Addor Remove Channels then hit OK on the only the channels you want. 

If he doesn't use the guide after setting up the favorites then go

Settings/System/Favorite Channels/Flip by Favorites/Favorites 1

After that when if you hit the channel button you will only flip to the channels in your favorite list. Even if you accidentally type in a channel by accident next time you hit channel button it will go to the first favorite channel. 

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's the purpose of favorites.

Create a list. And then make it default guide.

Yes, they can still enter random channels, but it should generally meet what you are looking for.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Like previous poster said you have to setup favorites. It's very easy

Settings/System/Favorite Channels/Favorites 1/Addor Remove Channels then hit OK on the only the channels you want. 

If he doesn't use the guide after setting up the favorites then go

Settings/System/Favorite Channels/Flip by Favorites/Favorites 1

After that when if you hit the channel button you will only flip to the channels in your favorite list. Even if you accidentally type in a channel by accident next time you hit channel button it will go to the first favorite channel.