Live streaming of a non-Flex View video from PC to TV via any FiOS capabilities
enegj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey all - 

Is it possible to, using any capability of FiOS/Flex View, stream a live video from my laptop to my TV?  There is an annual competition from Europe I watch every year (only available on the web to US viewers) and it requires a special plug-in so I can only view it from my laptop, unless of course I use an adapter to plug it into my TV (which I can, but prefer not to do if FiOS/Flex View has such an option).

Going through the Manager software, I couldn't locate anything like that, but for all I know I've just overlooked it or maybe someone has figured out a way to do this successfully.

Thank you all in advance!

Cheers,

Eneg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Live streaming of a non-Flex View video from PC to TV via any FiOS capabilities
Hubrisnxs
Legend

That is right, the Flexview Verizon app only gives you limited tv streaming, and that is only from Veoh and youtube, and maybe one or two others. 

What I do is I plug my PC into my TV using an HDMI to DVI Converter cable.     Very cheap cable, under 2 bucks.

And then I switch my tv to that input and viola! I have my pc on my TV.  just keep in mind that cable doesn't do sound, so make sure you have your speakers hooked up.    Works wonderfully though.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Live streaming of a non-Flex View video from PC to TV via any FiOS capabilities
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I do apologize, but there is no way for that to happen. The Flex View or Media Manager software does not have the ability to stream live video broadcasts  to your television. Looks like the adapter you were talking about is the best way to go. Enjoy your competition!

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

That is right, the Flexview Verizon app only gives you limited tv streaming, and that is only from Veoh and youtube, and maybe one or two others. 

What I do is I plug my PC into my TV using an HDMI to DVI Converter cable.     Very cheap cable, under 2 bucks.

And then I switch my tv to that input and viola! I have my pc on my TV.  just keep in mind that cable doesn't do sound, so make sure you have your speakers hooked up.    Works wonderfully though.   

0 Likes