Losing FOX
hitmehhh
Contributor - Level 1

Is the Syracuse NY area still slated to lose FOX tomorrow? There was a message scrolling across the screen a few days ago but I haven't seen anything since then.

0 Likes
Re: Losing FOX
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely not.

Otherwise the scrolling would continue.

Fox is pretty good about blasting out that a cable provider is going to "drop" them.

0 Likes
Msmtierney1
Enthusiast - Level 1
I can't believe Verizon will continue to drag their customers through this **bleep** with Fox.
Liverpool11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon couldn't care less about it's customers. One greedy corporation vs another greedy corporation. Our bills will go up at the time of our contract renewal, no matter what the result of this contract negotioation! 

optivity
Contributor - Level 3

Losing FOX (among other networks like: FNC, A&E, AMC, BBC, FX) for an extended period of time is a deal-breaker for me.

This is one reason why I prefer to remain out-of-contract w/Verizon. I'm not going to play a guessing game regarding what their channel line-up will be from year-to-year.

0 Likes
BobbyDaniel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I still have the Fox New Channel, Fox Business, and A&E, but not the local Fox affiliate. I am not happy especially since today is an NFL playoff game. I have wasted many hours scrambling to get an antenna, connected and working to my TV's. To say I'm mad about this is an understatement. I think something real stupid happened like an underling or lawyer at the local station or Verizon forgot to file the new agreement. If, however it was do to an increase of say a buck a month additional to the bill then shame on Verizon. This situation should never happen without getting some sense of the subscribers opinions. Shutting down a necessary channel should be the last thing to happen, especially if we are talking a dollar or less per subscriber. Thanks for messing up my Sunday Verizon! 

0 Likes
stanstv
Enthusiast - Level 2

How much do you want to pay for tv? I think Verizon is right here. I can watch the game on broadcast tv for free.

0 Likes
verizon vs fox
jakestatefarm
Enthusiast - Level 1

so verizon doesnt want to pay fox more money understandable but we miss out on a nfl playoff game cause of this battle i dont care who is in the right and who is in the wrong the one who gets hurt is the customers like me who dont get to see the game and are still getting charged full price with no discount or refund verizon i hold your company 100% to blame and convinced me to switch to direct tv when my contract is over

Re: verizon vs fox
Ancient11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am really angry and am thinking of switching to Direct TV. Every nfl game all season plus the rd zone..

No Playoff game is insane. I missed Dallas vs Detriot?? I do not watch a lot of TV. Sports and the news mostly. I wish we could find out the truth. Verizon has been making a lot of money from cable and now this **bleep**?

BobbyDaniel
Enthusiast - Level 2

So glad you saw the game on broadcast TV, but what about your fellow Verizon customers who can't. Fox 68 is one of the weakest over the air signals in Syracuse. How much do I want to spend on TV? When you get right down to it the crumbs WSYT is asking for spread out amougst the Verizon customers is not a lot of money. So if this raised my bill by 1 or two bucks monthly I don't care. This isn't about the customer first, it's about cash in Verizon's pocket and screwing their customers. This whole mess will make me think twice about renewal with Verizon. If you're smart and think this one out you will realize if they can do it to a local Fox affiliate they can do it to any provider. The local station is in business to make money just as Verizon is. Nobody is in business to lose money. Verizon doen't care because they have national sources of revenue unlike local Fox 68. 

0 Likes