Re: Fox 45 & CW affiliate
MelMooiweer

Simple no Fox 45 / CW no more FIOS.

They take away my football on sunday, they dont deserve my money. Since all the other providers

still carry both channels.

Also Fox has to understand that alot of people wont WAIT till the last minute, u wait for last minute, u wont

get the other service installed in time. So they better decide quick or they will loose alot fo customers to their

competitors. Already spoke to Comcast and i can get Internet + TV for $70 a month. Okay will get some more fees

over it, but 70 as to 90 now, is already a 20 dollar win.

0 Likes
Re: Losing Fox45 in Baltimore?
ZiggyNJ

I am still mad at them for not canceling our account in California, charging us for two additional months after we turned our equipment in and then threatened to send us to collection for not paying our bill.  I will never go back to them and their horrible service but I will not be able to stay with FiOS if they drop Fox.  Is it just Fox Baltimore?  Will the DC station still be available?  Just curious if it is all Fox programming or just some of the Fox stations.  Fox DC plays better games on Sunday anyway.  

So what are my options if they do drop Fox?  Directv or whatever that other cable company around here is?  Directv can get iffy in bad weather and since I am in a townhouse there would be no way to get to the dish to clean any ice off it.  That pretty much just leaves the cable company I have never heard of before and do not know anyone who has the service.  Or over the air and give up all the pay stations.  

This sucks.  FiOS and Fox, work it out already so I don't have to worry about this over Christmas.  Thanks.

0 Likes
carebear7795

We have been with Verizon Fios since May of this year almost as soon as it was available in our area.  We had been counting down the days to get rid of Comcast and their ever increasing fees, etc.   We left Comcast knowing we were losing a few channels that Fios doesn't have and to be honest most of the channel packages for Fios have hundreds of channels I will never watch, never heard of and don't want.  I almost wish I could create my own package of channels.  However, losing both the CW and Fox45 would definitely lose me as a customer to some other network that WILL carry them.  My husband and I are HUGE Ravens fans and cannot be without the games.  In addition, the CW carries many shows we watch regularly.  I live by Fox45's news in the morning to plan my ride to work, etc. I can't even find another channel for the weather most of the time and I trust Fox.  It will be a very sad day come the first of 2012 without both channels and another customer leaving Fios -- I don't care about fees for cancelation -- I'd rather be happy with the service I am paying for and actually getting what I am paying for than not.  So I feel the same as everyone else pretty much that has posted.  If there is something I can do to have Fios avoid losing these channels, then I would do it...but...who knows....they've still got time.

0 Likes
Dutch421
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon Fios is not canceling FOX...They are not  in negotiations with FOX. They are in negotiations with Sinclair Broadcasting. Do you really think a Verizon CSR knows the status of the negotiations .  Who ever told you they are dropping the station was misinformed. Instead of calling Verizon, call Sinclair Broadcasting and ask them why they are charging Verizon more to carry their feed. This will get worked out , before Jan. 1.

Sal21
I agreed to the service based on the programming available. This would be a breach and will move to Comcast. We pay more than enough for this service!
0 Likes
ronnie423
Enthusiast - Level 3

all the sinclar stations maybe going from the fios line up

inc albany  buffalo ok plz check on that

0 Likes
Losing FOX & CW channels
CouponQueen2

Who can tell me what's going on with the "alerts" warnings re: Fios customers losing Fox & CW channels in the Baltimore area?

0 Likes
Re: Losing FOX & CW channels
SWittkofski

I would like to know why Verizon Fios is eliminating FOX-Richmond from its TV lineup. Their 10 pm local news is very important to us as well as some of their NFL broadcast football games. By removing this local channel will Verizon Fios be discounting its rate, I think not. Please let me know what is going on. Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Losing FOX & CW channels
Dutch421
Contributor - Level 1

There are already threads on this topic...please read them to get the real story. In short, Verizon is not dropping the stations. Verizons contract with Sinclair Broacasting expires Jan.1.Sinclair Broacasting want to charge Verizon more to carry the stations under a new contract. Its only going to cost us more in the end.

0 Likes
LadyBaltimore
I guess I will be pay the $345 early termination fee and going back to Comcast. Comcast have been knocking at my door lately. Maybe they will pay the fee since they want me back. Fox is a one the major networks in Baltimore. What's next, the CW, WBAL? That is just crazy.
0 Likes