Loss of Audio When Powering On
EydieAmin

Hopefully someone can help.....

Tried Verizon direct and they told me to contact the A/V Recvr mfr.  Ugh.

Just upgraded to FiOS One w/ one DVR VMS4100 box and 2 of the mini STBs.

The issue is ONLY with the DVR VMS4100 box, which is connected to a Denon AVRS540BT A/V Rcvr and an LG OLED65B9. 

When I power the system down, for any extended period of time - I lose audio when I turn it back on.  If I turn it off and then on within 10-15 mins - everything is ok.  If it is off overnight or all day - power on - no audio.  The only way I have found to get the audio to come back is to go into settings / audio and change the setting from FIXED to VARIABLE, power off then on and the audio comes back.  Works the same if I change it the other way too - from VARIABLE to FIXED, power off then on and audio is back.  UNBELIEVABLY frustrating. 

I also have a separate system in the basement - LG LX9500, FiOS One mini and a Sony A/V rcvr - no issues at all.  Same up stairs - Magnavox TV w/ Fios One mini STB - straight connection - no issues.

Is there a setting I am missing?  I have seen mention of accessing hidden settings menus & L-PCM or CEC settings....not even sure what those are.  

Help.

0 Likes
Re: Loss of Audio When Powering On
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@EydieAmin wrote:

Hopefully someone can help.....

Tried Verizon direct and they told me to contact the A/V Recvr mfr.  Ugh.

Just upgraded to FiOS One w/ one DVR VMS4100 box and 2 of the mini STBs.

The issue is ONLY with the DVR VMS4100 box, which is connected to a Denon AVRS540BT A/V Rcvr and an LG OLED65B9. 

When I power the system down, for any extended period of time - I lose audio when I turn it back on.  If I turn it off and then on within 10-15 mins - everything is ok.  If it is off overnight or all day - power on - no audio.  The only way I have found to get the audio to come back is to go into settings / audio and change the setting from FIXED to VARIABLE, power off then on and the audio comes back.  Works the same if I change it the other way too - from VARIABLE to FIXED, power off then on and audio is back.  UNBELIEVABLY frustrating. 

I also have a separate system in the basement - LG LX9500, FiOS One mini and a Sony A/V rcvr - no issues at all.  Same up stairs - Magnavox TV w/ Fios One mini STB - straight connection - no issues.

Is there a setting I am missing?  I have seen mention of accessing hidden settings menus & L-PCM or CEC settings....not even sure what those are.  

Help.

Which way do you have the box hooked up, box via HDMI to the receiver,  then to TV via HDMI,  or box to TV via HDMI,  then to receiver? Did you check in the receivers HDMI menu to disable HDMI control? Is the receiver set to enhanced mode on the HDMI input? HDMI control is Denon's way of saying CEC.

Re: Loss of Audio When Powering On
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is what you should be doing

TV Input Control (HDMI CEC)

In Brief

TV Input Control is a VMS/IPC feature deployed with VMS APR 4.8. When enabled it can turn on the TV and switch the active TV input to the HDMI connection of the STB at the same time.

Note: This feature is ONLY available on the VMS platform

1. Only the VMS/IPC STBs support the feature.
  2. The STB must be connected to the TV via HDMI.
    • The TV must be HDMI-CEC compatible.
  3. Make sure the feature is enabled on the STB via IMG.(Interactive Media Guide)
  4. The user needs to enable the feature on their TV.

The feature is available on the STB.

TV Input Control is located in the IMG under Video Settings.

• Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings > TV Input Control, press Enable
  •  
  •  The user to take a few steps to turn the feature ON on their TV set.  The user must make the TV setting changes.
  • Some HDMI TVs may not have the HDMI-CEC feature at all. Each manufacture may have a different trade name for the feature. The steps on each TV are different.
  • This feature is designed to work directly with the TV.

• Note: users using A/V equipment as a pass through, or other types of devices connected to their HDMI output, should disable the feature.
  • Users who are connected via analog (Coax, Component, Composite) will need to switch to HDMI first to utilize this feature.

Quick Reference Setup Steps for Common TV Brands

TV Brand

Trade Name for HDMI-CEC

Steps to Enable HDMI-CEC

LG

SimpLink

1. Press Home → Settings  General  SIMPLINK.
  2. Configure the SIMPLINK settings, changing any control options to [ON].

Onkyo AV Receivers

RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI)

1. Press RCV on the Onkyo remote controller → HOME  Setup  HDMI Setup.
  2. Set [HDMI CEC (RIHD)] and [HDMI Through] to [On].

Panasonic

HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, or VIERA Link

1. Press Menu button, navigate down and select Setup.
  2. Select HDMI Control and set CEC Function and Power Off Link to On.

Philips

EasyLink

1. Press the Home button then select Setup → Installation → Preferences → EasyLink → [On].

Pioneer Plasma Displays

Kuro Link

1. Press the Home Menu on the Pioneer remote then select Control Setup → Kuro Link Setting.
  2. Set [Input Setting][Power Off Control][Power On Ready] and [Hold Sound Status] to [On].

Roku TV

1-Touch Play

1. Press Home button.
  2. Navigate down to Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Control other devices (CEC).
  5. Select 1-Touch Play and System Standby.

Samsung

Anynet+

1. Press Home → System → Expert Settings → Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) → [On].

Sharp

Aquos Link

1. Press the Menu button and Navigate to the right, select Setup.
  2. Select CEC Control and set Device Auto Power Off and TV Auto Power Off to On.

Sony Bravia Smart TV

BRAVIA Sync

1. Press HOME, then select Settings → [Channels & Inputs] → [HDMI Settings] → [Control for HDMI] → [On].

Sony Playstation 4

HDMI Device Link

1. On your PS4, go to Settings in the top right.
  2. Go to System settings near the bottom.
  3. Check Enable HDMI Device Link.

Toshiba

CE-Link or Regza Link

1. Press Menu → Settings → Other Settings and set [CEC] and [CEC Auto PowerOn] to [On].

Vizio

CEC

1. Press Menu button.
  2. Navigate down and select System or Settings.
  3. Navigate down and select CEC.
  4. Press OK on CEC and select On.