Low volume when using built in FIOS widgets: Youtube, Netflix
ff1690
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have read old posts on this issue and really cannot find any solutions that work.

I have the X1 platform. Normal volume for watching FIOS programming is  acceptable. Way lower than  other providers I have used in the past.

The volume level using the FIOS YouTube and Netflix widgets is painfully low and muffled. I run from the X1 box through a 5.2 amplifier to my HDTV. All via HDMI.

When I stream YouTube and Netflix from my BD player and Roku the volume is stellar. I set my volume ( range is 0-60 on amp) to about 20-25 and it's loud and clear. When I use the widgets via FIOS I have to set my volume to 50-55 and it's still very low and poor quality. Unusable basically.

I have tried all audio setting: both variable with heavy and fixed set to 30 with heavy. No change at all. So  right now I have to steam Netflix and YouTube through other devices.

So basically the Netflix and YouTube widgets on FIOS are useless due to such low volume levels. And seeing that I have no issues when using ROKU and a smart BD player I know my setup is fine.

0 Likes
Re: Low volume when using built in FIOS widgets: Youtube, Netflix
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you watch TV with the Fios box is the volume ok or is it very low too? Have you tried optical from the Fios box to the receiver?

0 Likes
jerseycat

I recently upgraded to FIOS TV ONE and experienced the same issue with low volume when streaming YouTube. I went back to the 1100 boxes. Verizon you need to fix this issue. Very frustrating from a customer standpoint. 

0 Likes
Saic388

I am currently facing the same problem. Any known solution? 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Saic388 wrote:

I am currently facing the same problem. Any known solution? 

Have you tried setting the audio settings in the Fios box to passthrough? Have you checked the input settings on the receiver to see if there is a volume offset you can adjust there?

0 Likes