MLB Extra Innings
Yankee_Fan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am currently a DirecTV subscriber and a FIOS Internet customer.  I have held off on switching to FIOS TV in the past because of the lack of the MLB Extra Innings package.  I recently read that Verizon has signed a contract to include MLB Extra Innings in their programming offerings so now I'm considering switching to FIOS TV.   I have been unable to find any details about the MLB EI package on FIOS TV.  Does anyone know if this package will be available for the 2009 season?  Any idea of what the cost of the package will be?  Will Verizon have the same number of HD games available as DirecTV?   Thanks for any information you can provide.

Yankee_Fan

0 Likes
Re: MLB Extra Innings
matcarl
Master - Level 1
The same channels that are now used for NHL Center Ice will be used for MLB Extra Innings. There is only one or two HD games per day.
0 Likes
pdxsam
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had EI on Directv last season and got spoiled. As posted above there won't be nearly as many HD games per day as DirecTv has. This is a disappointment for sure. I would have hoped Verizon could have made a deal directly with MLB instead of INDemand so they would have a greater number of HD games.

That said... the SD quality on FIos  might make that a moot point.

Message Edited by pdxsam on 01-02-2009 03:39 PM
0 Likes
Yankee_Fan
Enthusiast - Level 3

@matcarl wrote:
The same channels that are now used for NHL Center Ice will be used for MLB Extra Innings. There is only one or two HD games per day.

Hmm...If I recall correctly, last season DirecTV has something like 40 HD Games per week.   Will Verizon be able to match this?  This still seems to be the dealbreaker for me...especially if the Yankees are playing and I won't be able to see them in HD   Smiley Surprised

Message Edited by Yankee_Fan on 01-02-2009 03:39 PM
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
If the Yankees are playing it probably will be blacked out anyway and YES will carry it in HD.
0 Likes
Yankee_Fan
Enthusiast - Level 3

@matcarl wrote:
If the Yankees are playing it probably will be blacked out anyway and YES will carry it in HD.

That would be true for those in the NY area....those of us who are outside of the NY market have to rely on Extra Innings 🙂

0 Likes
MLB Extra Innings
ableman

Can I get the MLB extra innings pack on FIOS?

Sean

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
0 Likes
neila1288
I was always a directv guy. when I moved I went with fios. MLB on fios is very disappointing. Yankee fan no HD. Pay 170 bucks and no high def. ?? I am ready to switch back so I can watch Yankees in high def on directv.
0 Likes
neila1288
do not expect much HD from this package.
0 Likes