Re: MLB Extra Innings
mini0
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, so pumped that the MLB package is on Apple TV now!  Verizon keeps replacing my "valuable customer discounts" with "less valuable customer discounts," i.e. my bill goes up for no reason.  MLB and NBA coming to Apple TV means I'm that much closer to canceling cable and going over the air and streaming!  

mph2

DirecTV also signs off immediately after the game. You get the last out an ad then sign off.

I switched to FIOS TV after the baseball 2010 season. I could no longer take the problems DirecTV had with MLB games and their DVR. On Sunday I preogrammed the games for the whole week so i could watch them starting at 8:00 instead of 7:00. each week two or three gamews would not start recording properly. Most of the time they were just deleted from my schedule. I ended up having to check the schedule daily and fix the schedule. I bugged DirecTV for two years over the problems and they never got them fixed. I decided maybe SD might be better than the hassle of not being able to count on the DVR to work properly. I am also going to check into streaming MLB.TV with an external box.

0 Likes
jsphlly45
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, this is some **bleep**.

I'd actually pay more than the $180 for HD.  What is this 2002 with the standard def?  

C'MON MANNN

olbaldy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hubby and I subscribe to Extra Innings every year so we don't miss any Braves games. Over the years, we have been disappointed on several occasions when a game doesn't appear there or anywhere, with no explanation. Last night - perfect example. Game at Milwaukee was to begin at 8:10. Went through all the assigned channels - not there. Also, for at least an hour, no game lineup appeared. Finally the lineup mysteriously appeared, showing that game beginning at 8:10 on a certain designated channel, to which I switched only to find a hockey game announced but not being televised.

The worst of it is not missing the occasional game (although that's a biggie); it's that there's no help anywhere! Called Verizon and asked for an expert in Extra Innings issues - apparently no such person exists. The agent was courteous and tried, but was absolutely no help. Tried to find an email address for MLB Extra Innings to no avail. More important than the occasional missed game is the dearth of answers. We simply want to know why this happens.

Dish TV is looking better and better.

vgiglotti

Can someone tell me where I can find a daily schedule of games by channel? It's annoying to have to scroll through every channel on the extra innings package to find the game I'm looking for because the on screen guide does not tell me which game is on which channel. Absolutely horrible end user experience thus far.

0 Likes
Jprach1

I gave up trying to view the channel line-up on my computer.  Most of the time I'm at work when I record a game to start the night of a game.  The details button gives you nothing as well.  Here is a website for the correct channels by cable company and zip code of the cable provider 

http://www.indemand.com/sports/mlb/

0 Likes
bballmonk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am unbelievably dissatisfied with FIOS’ Extra Innings.

When I was sold FIOS TV, both sales people I spoke with told me that my Extra Innings service would be exactly the same as it was with Direct. They LIED. Not only are very few games shown to begin with, but we only have our home feed on games played at home, versus both feeds on the majority of games shown on Direct. Plus, there are only a couple of games broadcast in HD versus Direct, where almost all of the games are HD.

After reading some of the other posts, I know I am not alone in my frustration. Baseball is about the only thing I watch on TV, so the fact that Verizon completely misrepresented their Extra Innings services (on 2 separate occasions) really disappoints me. And since I am paying what I did with Direct for less service, I am ready to jump ship and head back to Direct.

Before I do, however, has anyone received feedback from Verizon whether their Extra Innings service will change?

DCJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

FOX NETWORK SATURDAYS

This is not a complaint about Verizon FIOS but a warning to anybody subscribing to MLB Extra innings on any TV provider.  I thought that MLB Extra Innings would show any game that is not broadcast on a local channel.  So I thought we would get every game either on: Extra Innings, ESPN, MLB network, or local TV. 

Fox has a special deal with Major League Baseball and Extra Innings cannot show any game when Fox is televising a game on Saturday during that game.  Of course Saturday is when your off from work and want to watch your team play (Phillies of course).  I wish I would have known this before subscribing,  I just assumed that Verizon Ultimate + MLB Extra Innings = Every Baseball game.  I guess I'll get ready to watch either the Yankees or Red Soxs onFox.

DCJ

Sarasota, FL

0 Likes