MSNBC chronic digital glitches
Rolf59

Channel 603, MSNBC, has suffered long bouts of poor audio/visual delivery over Verizon FIOS for many months now, at least on my system.   It gets so bad sometimes that it is unwatchable.   This is specifically MSNBC only, and i have already performed all tests, resets, reboots, and HDMI and coax connection checks and reconnects.  I do not want to be "automated" through all this stuff again.  

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: MSNBC chronic digital glitches
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Rolf59 wrote:

Channel 603, MSNBC, has suffered long bouts of poor audio/visual delivery over Verizon FIOS for many months now, at least on my system.   It gets so bad sometimes that it is unwatchable.   This is specifically MSNBC only, and i have already performed all tests, resets, reboots, and HDMI and coax connection checks and reconnects.  I do not want to be "automated" through all this stuff again.  

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,

{edited for privacy}

Channel 603 has no issues at my house (and I watch is all day while doing things around the house).  It is possible that the QAM channel that it is on is somehow being impacted by a poor coax connection to you STB or a bad splitter (if applicable).  (Different QAM channel frequencies are impacted differently by things like loose connections, corrosion on connectors, etc. because of the physics involved.  Sorry, I have a degree in this and sometime talk a little nerdy.)  Suggest you unplug, check and re-attach each coax connector from the STB ensuring they tightly connected.  If there is a splitter, check that too and consider replacing it with the correct type.  I had a problem like this on two Showtime channels and found that reconnecting the coax input to the STB and making sure it was very tight fixed the problem.

0 Likes
Riverdale1

I have been having the same problem for the past several months. Interestingly, Fox News comes in clearly with no interruption so its not a connection or equipment problem. Coincidence? I am on hold with Verizon now to see what they can do

0 Likes
Riverdale1

I just got off the phone with Verizon and the tech asked me to unscrew and re-attach the coaxial cable on the left side of the FIOS box (it says FIOS on the cable label). That seems to have fixed the problem.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Riverdale wrote:

I just got off the phone with Verizon and the tech asked me to unscrew and re-attach the coaxial cable on the left side of the FIOS box (it says FIOS on the cable label). That seems to have fixed the problem.

Glad to know the advice I gave in my prior post was the solution.  It's too bad you had to call Verizon.

0 Likes