Massive STB problem
dmon4uv

10/25

Called about why no CartoonHD yet it was announced everywhere including here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/Cartoon-Network-HD-Joins-the-FiOS-TV-Lineup/bc-p/495337...

Told no such chaanel exists by CSR.

10/26

After looking at all Forums and other info called again because everyone now gets channel - nothing.

Tried CHAT, told yes we have channel but you need to go into your verizon.net account.  CHAT cut off. Nothng again.

10/29

Called Tech Support could not get channel. Transfered to CSR who said no, checked info site/page still no, and then Supervisor said yes.

Back to Tech Support who said Serial # of STB wrong. He changed and tried to reset causing all channels to disappear. Said it would come back today.

Still no channels today.  Called and was told no Cartoon HD channel exists. CSR said system down would call back.  She did not.

I'm told this is business as usual at Verizon.  

Is there any help or are we now paying for nothing on the STB ?

0 Likes
Re: Massive STB problem
prisaz
Legend

My issues are probably un related. For the STB ID they are looking for the CableCARD ID on my Cisco boxes.

I had issues yesterday after the power glitches on the East Coast. I never totally lost power, but my router locked up.

Try turning your router off. Wait a few seconds, and turn it back on. Wait unti the internet light turns green indicating you have a connection. Return to the STB in question, and cycle the power. (Unplug for 15-30 seconds) then plug it back in. Allow the box to go through the startup. I had to do this on two of four STBs last night, just to get my guide back.

Cartoon Network is on 257 in my Washington, DC Metro area. VHO4

Cartoon HD is not yet available in all areas. I have heard 757 or something like that. So you most likely have been told the truth about it not being available or not existing. It may not exist in your area at this time. It has not shown up here.

dmon4uv

Actually there have been several reports of the HD channel in DC.

You did read the link posted by me above from this forum, it stated all markets.

The old unplug then replug is an old one but it does usually work.. Not this time.

I suspect the the s/n of the box is incorrect this the Tech support changed it.  Online in my account it gives the number

and it dies not match my box.

This whole thing started last week and has nothing to do with the storm.

0 Likes
dmon4uv

Which is the truth...

Five CSRs stated that the channel is either unavailable or simply does not exist period....or the four that say it does exist or is available..

Also, 2 Supervisors have stated that it is avail to everyone now...

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@dmon4uv wrote:

Actually there have been several reports of the HD channel in DC.

You did read the link posted by me above from this forum, it stated all markets.

The old unplug then replug is an old one but it does usually work.. Not this time.

I suspect the the s/n of the box is incorrect this the Tech support changed it.  Online in my account it gives the number

and it dies not match my box.

This whole thing started last week and has nothing to do with the storm.

OK then Someone Activated or put the wrong number in your account for your STB. Yes I did read. I was just trying to help. I had something similar happen to me when I tried to activate a box. They typed in the wrong number when I picked it up at the store. Yours is a different issue. Also not power related. But if the STB was reset it could be that it needed what I recommended if the MAC and IP got whacky in your router. Seen that. Anyway they had to have to correct info for your STB at some point, or they could not reset it.

So you are saying we should have Cartoon HD in VHO-4 which is DC Metro out of SilverSpring?

"As of this morning, customers in all FiOS TV markets should see the new channel on the guide". Perhaps only Ultimate subscribers. It may be another left in the lowest and highest bundles. Let me look. Guides listed below for VHO-4 (DC). Also does not show on my online guide for the DVR. I have hear of some tunning to the channel and getting it, but it did not work for me.

Major issues. Shows two here. Only one is Spanish. Perhaps that is HD?Smiley Frustrated

Cartoon SD By Number

CartoonHD By Number? Where is it?

Just like coming soon. Where you here for that?

Good luck.

dmon4uv

Just got off the phone with Technical Support, agian.  She said her Supervisor told her that yes the Cartoon Network HD is  available but..... in VHO14 they are having trouble moving it from 784 to 757.  She still could do nothing to get my channels back on the STB because the System is still down. She'll call me back in an hour or two, again.

broadbandreports or dslreports .... and 

http://www.avsforum.com/t/590208/verizon-fios-hdtv/17100

have been reporting on the channel for about 2 weeks now.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@dmon4uv wrote:

Just got off the phone with Technical Support, agian.  She said her Supervisor told her that yes the Cartoon Network HD is  available but..... in VHO14 they are having trouble moving it from 784 to 757.  She still could do nothing to get my channels back on the STB because the System is still down. She'll call me back in an hour or two, again.

broadbandreports or dslreports .... and 

http://www.avsforum.com/t/590208/verizon-fios-hdtv/17100

have been reporting on the channel for about 2 weeks now.

Thanks. It does not show anywhere on the HD Guide or listing. Lit me try to tune 784. I do remember hearing sometime about channel number issues. But seemed to have forgotten. Sorry about your STB. That sounds like it could be an issue if they say that is not your box. If you are in MD. There is that walk in store near Wheaton Mall. If you need it right away or want it, perhaps you could get an exchange setup. I know UPS is probably delayed big time now that the airlines are all backed up.

If they can't make it work, tell them you want a different one.

Verizon Retail Store
11006 Veirs Mill Rd
Wheaton , MD    20902 301-946-1486

M-F 

10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Sat. 

10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Sun. 

Closed

Consumer High Speed Internet,
FiOS Internet,
FiOS TV,
Set Top Box Returns

OR For all locations

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/tv/fiostv/general+support/account+issues/questionsone/8...

prisaz
Legend

Not sure when, or if the PM I made helped, but Cartoon HD is now on Channel 757 in VHO4. Washington, DC Metro area.

There must have been an error somewhere. But it was fixed.Smiley Wink