Media Manager
Classictom1

Back in the day I use to be able to access photos that were on my computer and see them on my tv. I can not see how to do this now. I have a verizon DVR. Is there anyway to do this now?

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't believe so.

But most smart TVs have that capability built in.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi classictom:

Here are a few resources for you.

GO HERE FIRST

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-media-player-details.aspx

Links below seem outdated

Stream your media to devices and computers using Windows Media Player

If you have a home network, you can use Windows Media Player to stream media to computers and media devices in your home. For example, if you have a networked digital media receiver connected to your home stereo system, you can use Windows Media Player to stream music, pictures, and videos from your computer to your stereo. This allows you to enjoy the contents of your Player Library anywhere in your home—even in rooms that don't have a computer.

Watch a demo: Windows 7 Play To demo

The following procedures explain how to get started. For an overview about streaming media, including information about device and network requirements, see Getting started with media streaming.

To connect a device or another computer to your network

Before you can stream media, you'll need to connect your digital media devices or other computers to your home network. Here's how:

1. Connect an Ethernet cable from your device or other computer to your wired network, or set up your device or computer to join your wireless network.

For help connecting a device or computer to your network, check the documentation that came with your device or computer.

1. If you're connecting a device, turn it on, and then follow the instructions that appear on the device's screen. If you're connecting another computer, turn that computer on.

For more information about adding a device or computer to your network, see Add a device or computer to a network.

Here is my set up. I can stream Music and pictures to my non smart TV in the Den.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe he is talking about a app that used to be in the Verizon Fios STB's and worked with a verizon PC app.  Both are long gone.