Menu icons not showing up
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2

For some reason, on all my boxes, the icon next to "FiOS TV Home Screen" isn't showing up, it's just a square that says "Ima" in it. Is it like that for anyone else?

0 Likes
Re: Menu icons not showing up
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

This kind of thing can usually be corrected by use the STB option to "fix my STB" 

0 Likes
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2
And how do I use that?
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

ON Stb Select

• Menu
  • Customer Support
  • Top Support Tools
  • fix Fios Tv Issue
  • follow app instructions to select box and push left (next) and when ready select next again
0 Likes
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've already tried that, and it didn't work. It's happening on all boxes. What is the "Home Screen" icon supposed to look like?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its a Little red house

0 Likes
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2
Okay but I tried that solution and I still can't get it to show. Do you think it could be fixed over the phone?
0 Likes
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with a tech and nothing seemed to resolve the issue. I was told that the Menu icons usually update by themselves each time a software update is rolled out. I've noticed this happening for about 2 weeks. I asked when the next software update was scheduled and nobody seemed to know. Would anyone else happen to know if and when there will be an update?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most of the icons do not come with the software update.  They come from the server used to display the guide.

It is possible to get the software to reload, but you lose some things such as you favorites AND YOUR PARENTAL CONTROLS AND PURCHASE PIN.  You do not lose recording and your scheduled recordings.

1. Turn on TV
  2. Unplug the box you need to reset.
  3. Wait at least 10 seconds and plug the box back in.
  4. As soon as you plug it in start rapidly pressing the menu button on the remote until the display says RUN.
  5. Press arrow down on the remote until the display says COLD.
  6. Press OK
  7. Wait the 15 minutes or so for the box to complete init
  8. Make sure to review all your settings especially resetting your parental/purchase keys (too avoid accidental purchases).
0 Likes