Mets on WPIX
Sabres1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The local Time Warner Sports Channel in Syracuse shows the Mets games that are broadcast on WPIX.  This is a great feature for Mets fans in the area because otherwise, you can't watch the games.  They are blacked out on the Extra Innings package because we are considered the Mets market.  It would be nice if Fios would consider putting them on the Fios 1 channel here which is really only utilized for SU basketball and some football games right now.  I'm sure there is an expense to buying the rights but otherwise, I am completely out of luck for most of the weekend Mets games. 

0 Likes
Re: Mets on WPIX
Hubrisnxs
Legend
http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Guide/TV+Programming/QuestionsOne/128357.htm

If you use the sports blackout tool, you weren't able to find the game on the alternate station????
0 Likes
Sabres1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope

0 Likes
Fman99

I cornered a Verizon FIOS rep at the Taste of Syracuse festival just last weekend and presented this to him as a complaint.  He gave me his name and his boss' name, and phone numbers, and asked me to check in on this with them.

Well, after a few days of voice mails, they got back to me to tell me that they were "looking into it" but not to expect any change this year. 

I will repost their names and numbers here for others to call.  If they hear enough complaints maybe they can expedite the process.  These are local guys, not like the Verizon call center people in Florida I spoke to.

{edited for privacy}

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Fman99

Any chance that FIOS remedies this issue for the 2012 season?  I would love to see all the Mets games, not just the ones on SNY and national broadcasts this year.

0 Likes
keko922

I have spoken to people since I moved into the area about WPIX

some dont even know what it is.

I refuse to give MLB any money to watch Mets games and if I do it online I get blocked because I can get it on TV

so  you cant win.

I prefer Verizon over Time Warner but I wish they would put PIX on board.

0 Likes
keko922

I have made my post as well

and looking at the posts here I am thinking no one else heard a thing from FIOS

I was wondering if anyone heard anything cause summer is coming and there will be no WPIX games

0 Likes