Mini box keeps restarting
Km1229

A few weeks ago the mini box we have started to restart on its own, usually it seems to happen at 10pm. It completely shuts off on it's own and regards. We got in contact with Verizon and they did a few tests but ultimately sent me a new mini box. Got it hooked up and all was good and now a few days late it just restarted again. Any one else having issues? I will be calling tomorrow but wanted to check here. 

0 Likes
Re: Mini box keeps restarting
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the unit restarts at the same time, it could be a case of it receiving updates.

The front LED on the mini in my bedroom  is normally dim when the unit is switched off, but, I noticed that it frequently is fully bright in the AM.

I discovered, unintentionally, that the LED's intensity changes around 2AM local time. I've chalked it up to the unit receiving updates from Verizon.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dexman wrote:

If the unit restarts at the same time, it could be a case of it receiving updates.

The front LED on the mini in my bedroom  is normally dim when the unit is switched off, but, I noticed that it frequently is fully bright in the AM.

I discovered, unintentionally, that the LED's intensity changes around 2AM local time. I've chalked it up to the unit receiving updates from Verizon.

2:00 AM is the USUAL time Verizon pushes updates. As far as 10PM, I doubt that's what is happening as it would be too close to prime TV viewing. Something else is going on. Did you try powercycling your router? Unplug power for 3 or 4 minutes to both the router and the mini. Plug the router back in first, when it stabilizes plug the mini back in.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Given that this behavior is experienced by different boxes, and, that the action occurs consistently at the same time, I still think that it is somehow related to updates.

If the boxes were defective, they would reset/crash at haphazard intervals. 🤔

0 Likes