Moca Bridge Trouble - two FIOS boxes
KntBors

I currently have two FIOS TV boxes in my house.  I wanted to use my own router so I connected the FIOS system through a moca box on my main TV box.  I was able to get the main TV box working fine with guide and demand.  However, I have a second TV box upstairs in my house which keeps giving me an error saying "unable to find network connection."  The secondTV box is connected through coax which is all through my house.  Do I need a second moca bridge for the second TV box?  The second TV box was working fine before I disconnected the Verizon FIOS router.  What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
Re: Moca Bridge Trouble - two FIOS boxes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you put the moca bridge in place of the router? Take a ethernet from your personal router’s lan port and plug into the ethernet port of the moca bridge. Then plug the coax that was connected the FiOS router and connect it to the coax on the moca bridge. 

0 Likes
Re: Moca Bridge Trouble - two FIOS boxes
KntBors

Thank you for your input Edg1!

I did put the Moca bridge in place of the Verizon Router.  I figured out late last night I had the moca bridge in the wrong location in my house.  I thought I had it on the main coax cable line coming into the house but realized I had it on one of the sub-lines.  Once I placed the moca bridge on the main line, everything worked fine with both FIOS TV boxes.  Thanks again for your input.

0 Likes