Movie description overlay stuck on screen!
Cupcake31

I have no idea how my grandparents keep doing this but they keep calling me to “fix” the description for the movie “Waves” is overlayed in the upper left corner, the screen is gray but you can still see the channel playing. It stays on no matter what channel, in the guide, in on demand, every menus option ever ! 

I can only fix it by unplugging the box and resetting it but what is even causing this?! 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Movie description overlay stuck on screen!
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@glitch2020 wrote:

How do you reboot screen? Do you unplug router or box?

Try: menu>customer support >Top support tools >Reboot set top box. If that doesnt work, you'll have to unplug the power to the box for 2 minutes,  then plug back in.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hateful

Mine reset when I went into settings and just clicked save settings. I don't know the cause but they should save a restart, which is painfully slow. 

I should note that it was a grandparent for me also.

0 Likes
KennyG11

My mother (almost 80) showed my this EXACT thing today - what is Waves to begin with?

I am going to try to reboot her device, but I too want to know how this is happening to older people only???  

0 Likes
Screenoverlay

Ouch.  I am 50 and just happened to me. I am not old! I unplugged it to fix it.😭😂

0 Likes
glitch2020

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@glitch2020 wrote:

Try: menu>customer support >Top support tools >Reboot set top box. If that doesnt work, you'll have to unplug the power to the box for 2 minutes,  then plug back in.

0 Likes
jstea

Thanks, your suggestion did the trick.

0 Likes
Kmon1

Thank you - worked like a charm - wonder what is happening; my mom is 86 as well and does this constantly;  trying to figure out which buttons she is pushing;

we also have an issue with pressing the 0 and input and I get a call that ‘the TV broke again’. 🙂

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Kmon wrote:

Thank you - worked like a charm - wonder what is happening; my mom is 86 as well and does this constantly;  trying to figure out which buttons she is pushing;

we also have an issue with pressing the 0 and input and I get a call that ‘the TV broke again’. 🙂

My mom used to do essentially the same thing all the time. She'd change inputs, then I'd get a call the TV was all snow. Colored the button red to keep her from pressing it too often, then put a post it up with how to fix instructions.

0 Likes
kido1

My mother (aged 93) just had the same problem, a new one for us. The movie was Wonder Woman. Thank you for the tip about "Save Settings." It worked. I hate this system.

0 Likes