Moving DVR and Set Top Boxes to different rooms
NeedHelp211

I switched my DVR and standard set top box between  my living room and bedroom and neither box will boot up. 
When I switch back they work fine.  

what is the issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moving DVR and Set Top Boxes to different rooms
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@NeedHelp21 wrote:

This is a Multiroom DVR

What series boxes are they? The main box has to be connected to coax that goes to a splitter that is part of the MoCa network provided by the ONT and router. If the satellite box is a 4100 mini, it can connect via WiFi or ethernet or coax to the network. IF they are 1100 series, again the main box has to go to the coax that connects to the router and ONT. The satellite also has to connect to the same coax network. You can go here to see if the boxes show up on the network: Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Connected Device Status. If they show up go here and try running a diagnostic: Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Fix Fios TV Issues. Did you simply reboot the boxes or did you power-cycle them? When you replaced the boxes did you power-cycle the router before you powered up the boxes? If not unplug power to the boxes, unplug power to the router, power up the router, wait for it to stabilize, power up the main Fios box, then once that is stable power up the other box.

View solution in original post

NeedHelp211

This is a Multiroom DVR

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@NeedHelp21 wrote:

This is a Multiroom DVR

What series boxes are they? The main box has to be connected to coax that goes to a splitter that is part of the MoCa network provided by the ONT and router. If the satellite box is a 4100 mini, it can connect via WiFi or ethernet or coax to the network. IF they are 1100 series, again the main box has to go to the coax that connects to the router and ONT. The satellite also has to connect to the same coax network. You can go here to see if the boxes show up on the network: Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Connected Device Status. If they show up go here and try running a diagnostic: Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Fix Fios TV Issues. Did you simply reboot the boxes or did you power-cycle them? When you replaced the boxes did you power-cycle the router before you powered up the boxes? If not unplug power to the boxes, unplug power to the router, power up the router, wait for it to stabilize, power up the main Fios box, then once that is stable power up the other box.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes