Multi Room DVR not working
TZE
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just had 4 boxes installed with MR DVR.  Everything is working perfect except the DVR system.  It does not work on any of the set tops, and when I try to access anything DVR related from the website I recieve the following message.

ErrorClose

We are having trouble communicating to your Set Top Box.

We've encountered a problem connecting to your Set Top Box.
Please try again in a few minutes

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Multi Room DVR not working
TZE
Enthusiast - Level 2

apparantly the main dvr stb was defective.  Have to take it to fios tomorrow to get it swapped out.  2 hours to figure it out

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the TV and Set Top Box "working" 

PRESS and HOLD  "D" (for 5 t0 10 secs) on Remote Control 

A very extensive Menu should show up on your TV screen.

PLEASE LET US KNOW IF THAT GETS YOU TO YOUR SOLUTION.

DETAILS PLEASE !

TZE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like the two devices I renamed have "good connections" and the two I didn't rename have "bad connections" (but work fine).  

Other weird thing I noticed is the den is the only box that says it has DVR (but also does not work).  

Finially I found my way to "TV Support" > Auto fix DVR Issues > Fix/Activate my MR-DVR Service > all the boxes shut off to get a signal sent and reprogramed.  

Still no DVR.

So.... "TV Support" > Auto fix DVR Issues > Auto correcct My STB/DVR > I selected all 4 STB's > Signal sent blah blah blah > boxes off > hit power button > initial download > 

Still no DVR.....

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the working and non working stbs the same model?

Have you tried contacting support?

I have found twitter support @verizonsupport to be fairly responsive and quite helpful.

0 Likes
TZE
Enthusiast - Level 2

All the stb's work fine, except for the DVR issue.  They are all the same and all brand new.  The system was just hooked up 3 days ago.

I have not been able to contact tech support, when I've been available the hold times have been brutal for some reason.

0 Likes
TZE
Enthusiast - Level 2

trying twitter.

0 Likes
TZE
Enthusiast - Level 2

apparantly the main dvr stb was defective.  Have to take it to fios tomorrow to get it swapped out.  2 hours to figure it out

0 Likes