Multi-room DVR Issue
rodv1

Greetings,

I currently have an HD DVR and 4 SD STB's. All set up with multi-room DVR service.

DVR is a CHS 435HDC and the STB's are all CHS 335HDC's.

One recently recorded program is showing up on the DVR as well as all but one of the STB's. The problem STB shows all other recorded programs.

I've gone through all the troubleshooting steps: MRDVR auto-fix, STB/DVR auto-correct, rebooted all boxes, hard re-booted the problem STB, and rebooted my FiOS router.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rod

0 Likes
Re: Multi-room DVR Issue
prisaz
Legend

Are any DVR recordings showing up on the boxes that have the issue of not seeing the recording?

There should not be any restrictions of sharing content between the boxes, but it could be that something needs to be updated on those boxes. The last time I added a CHS-335 to my network, the box did a cablecard update to the firmware. It is possible but unlikely the one program has a strange copy protection bit set., but since it works on the one box and not the others, I would say it is not the program.

Check and make sure you have no other devices on your network that use and IP in the range of 192.168.1.100-113. Like something that has a static address. With the Cisco boxes, each use two addresses in this range. Even if you only have 1 DVR and 3 STBs, that still equals eight IP addresses.

When you rebooted the router, did you do a reset with the recessed button? Also when doing the router reset, try it with all the boxes power cords unplugged.

After your Internet comes up and is working, start powering up the boxes one at a time. Starting with the DVR. Wait until your DVR is up and functioning before going to the next or first STB. Repeat for each box, waiting for the box to be fully functional before going to the next STB. This will make sure there are no address conflicts and all boxes will be added to the router without conflicts. I have found this is the best way when first adding the boxes to a reset router.

If you are unable to get it resolved, I would contact Verizon tech support, and have them look at each box. They may want to do a reload of the troubled boxes, and their reload would be a bit more involved than what IHA can do.

0 Likes
Re: Multi-room DVR Issue
rodv1

Thanks for your reply.

It's actually only one STB box that I'm having a problem with. The other boxes are fine.

And all other recordings show up on this problem box. Just not one particular recording.

I'll be contacting support regarding this.

Thanks again.

0 Likes