Multi-room DVR not working
New2Fios2

Exactly one week ago today, I had FIOS installed.  This morning, I attempt to watch a show I DVR'd on the second box, the one that is not the DVR box.  Multi-room DVR was working fine until now.  Today. I get a message that it encountered a problem accessing the data from the DVR box.

The brilliant instructions advise me to unplug the power from the main box and plug it back in.  Did that, still not working.

Am I expecting too much by assuming that this would not FAIL after less than one week?

Of course, Verizon's live chat is not working, so either I wait for an email response or hold for half an hour for a rep.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Multi-room DVR not working
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

try rebooting your router.

Thats electronics for you. ALL electronics have occasional problems and time is not an issue most of the time. In fact, most electronics fail realitivly soon if they are going to fail at all.

But in this case it is likely just a communication problem and rebooting the router will likely take care of it.

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

As spacedebirs indicated, there are 3 devices involved in HomeDVR working ...

The Main DVR box

The Remote DVR Client

The Router

While the two boxes don't need to communicate with the router specifically to function in HomeDVR mode, depending on who is controlling the MoCA network, the DHCP lease expiration, etc. they can end up not "seeing" one another.

So, I would recommend, unplug ALL STB's in the entire house, unplug the Router (not the ONT, the Internet router), power up the Router and wait for it to completely come back online, plug in the main DVR and wait until it completes booting up, plug in the other DVRs.   Go into the menu on the STB's under the system settings and look at the system information and insure each box has an IP address (like 192.168.1.101 or something  similar) assigned to it.

Now try watching your show.

Sometimes a power blip, storm, etc. can occasionally cause one or more components to get lost in space and while rare, the process above usually gets everyone back online. 

flack007

MY PROBLEM EXACTLY

HEEEELLLLLPPPPPPP!

0 Likes
flack007

Rebooting the router ..... DIDN'T WORK

Talking to an agent... DIDN'T WORK

Rebooting the DVR.... ALSO DIDN'T WORK....

CAN SOMEONE SEND ME A TECHNICIAN HOME TO FIX THE PROBLEM???? AFTER ALL, IT WAS NOT SET UP PROPERL;Y FROM THE BEGINNING!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Click DVR

Then select MR DVR troubleshooter.

Select it and follow the on screen prompts.

It takes about 5-7 minutes to run through everything.

If that doesn't work, reach out to live chat by clicking on contact us at the bottom of the page, or call 1-800-VERIZON 

remember, 

If you need assistance for specific Verizon account issues, please contact us.

The Verizon Community Forums is where customers help other customers.  

0 Likes