Multiroom DVR Recording Limitations
Avogadro1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had multiple problems trying to record football games on my DVR. The DVR box is worthless and is a waste of money. The user interface is lacking. The two program record limit is obsolete. The inability to watch other programs while recording shows is frustrating.  Why am I spending all this money to rent this junk?

This weekend I set up a schedule to record multiple games throughout the day. I then, verifyed the recording schedule. When I later sat down to view the recordings, I found that the machine recorded things I didn't schedule, and failed to record the things I programmed.

Too often, I get a partial recording that leaves off the last quarter of a game even after I extend the record time.

Time to look at other service options.

0 Likes
Re: Multiroom DVR Recording Limitations - Check The VZ Media Server
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Avogadro wrote:

I've had multiple problems trying to record football games on my DVR. The DVR box is worthless and is a waste of money ... Time to look at other service options ...

Wait a minute Avogadro, we may have your number (smile)!  No, not 6.02 x 10^23, but the upcoming Verizon Media Server equipment.  Here are a few details:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/CES-2013-and-items-that-will-change-the-way-you-enj...

I would say that many users agree that it's indeed time for Verizon to get on the bandwagon and offer more capable STBs.  So far all we know is what was stated at the CES in January, and that the devices are in beta testing in certain areas of the country.  Yet it does seem that some progress is on the horizon.

Sadly, maybe not in time for the entire football season, but maybe by Superbowl Sunday.

Re: Multiroom DVR Recording Limitations - Check The VZ Media Server
Avogadro1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Armond,

Thanks for your reply and the information about future plans.

A capable DVR is becoming an essential tool as the content to commercials ratio continues to plummet. 

Paying for things I don't use (like package programming) and things that don't work well (like my current DVR)  increases my ire.

Hope verizon takes note!

Avogadro

0 Likes