My HD DVR is flashing between 8888 and 576. Power button is not responding.
carbonfreak
0 Likes
Re: My HD DVR is flashing between 8888 and 576. Power button is not responding.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the 8888's mean that it's losing connection to the wall or it's resetting itself.   so it's possible that the box is overheating but you would usually notice that it's warm or hot to the touch.

I would make sure it's not that for sure, and then also it COULD be the cable itself. 

the best way to diagnose that yourself, is to (do not use the remote control for this part) go upto the cable box, and hit power once and then select once and then select again    hit them in a 1 - 2 - 3 sequence.    that will pull up a diagnostic page (d01, d02 etc.)

you want to select D04 for inband status    (use the up and down left and right cursor)    

when you get to d04 hit the right arrow to choose it and pay attention to your SNR.    it will tell you if it's good or bad, and leave it on that page, for a while and see if the number vary's wildly or if it goes from being good to bad etc..  SNR is all you care about  for right now.

If it goes from good to bad, then you might have a cable problem and you can either play with the cable (the coax cable goes to where it says fios tv in or RF in)    or replace that cable altogether.

ultimately if you can't get it fixed then you'll want to call vz

0 Likes