My TV won't stay off
Musicaldad

Whenever I turn off the tv and the DVR, the tv will come on again almost immediately after pressing the power on the remote.  The TV then shows that screen saver message about pressing Menu.  This happens both when I use the remote and when I turn the tv off at the actual television.  After several tries, it usually stays off.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My TV won't stay off
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Look for an option called HDMI CEC or the like in your TV settings.

Turn that off.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Look for an option called HDMI CEC or the like in your TV settings.

Turn that off.

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is an excellent tutorial on the subject of HDMI CEC

Thank Rob for an excellent and concise answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxl9qpto5Es

GC1232

Try this

Menu > setting > audio and video > video settings > TV input control and then choose disable.

0 Likes
wcwitherssr

Thanks. This worked for me

0 Likes
BooRadley1

My Firestick remote was interfering with the Fios remote.  It apparently gives off a radio frequency that interferes with the remote making the TV turn on and off and the majority of the buttons only turned the TV off no matter which one was pressed ( volume, guide, etc.). Moved it out of the room and the problem was solved!

0 Likes
Lauda

Worked for me.  Thanks!

0 Likes
mathey6

thank you!

0 Likes
RTMdMc

I had the same issue (wouldn’t stay off using remote or button on box) - I changed the batteries in the remote and that solved it. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes