NEED HELP - FIOS - NOT GETTING CORRECT CHANNELS - NO ONE CAN FIGURE IT OUT
Osenbc21

Ok Fios, giving you this LAST CHANCE to help me.  I had my service installed on Thursday August 23, 2018.  After the install, they gave me the incorrect channel package "family package".  I had to call, they had to re-do my order, but gave me the "Preferred" channel listing.  They stated that the channels would be updated the next morning, Friday, at 11:00 AM.  Well in the early afternoon the channels didn't update.  That was my first phone call to the tech department.  SINCE THEN I have called twice a day, everyday.  Every tech gave me "were updating the box and it'll be fixed within four hours".  I beleived it everytime.  Your customer service representatives WERE HORRIBLE.  Last night was my ending point, I was on the phone for about 2 hours and 55 minutes, I had one tech Kevin who was not giving up.  He allegedly saw the issue which was something to do with the "third screen" and transferred me to customer service for them to make sure the account was "correct".  I always make sure your customer service reps have my phone number and they all saw they will call back if they get disconnected.  At 2 hours and 55 minutes (I have proof/documentation), I mysteriously got hung up on/ "disconnected" and did not get a call back.  I have been paying the full price, not getting the channels I have on my account, and I wasted more then 6 hours doing this.  When will this be rectified? How will this be rectified? I kept my optimum equipment and I am ready to switch back over.  I am disgusted that this is how Verizon FIOS treats there customers.  

0 Likes
Re: NEED HELP - FIOS - NOT GETTING CORRECT CHANNELS - NO ONE CAN FIGURE IT OUT
jonjones1
Legend

Unfortunately you are posting to a customer helping customer forum so it’s doubtful any real help will come from here.

i don’t use their tv so I cannot say if this will work. When I had cable many many years ago the people at the help line would say disconnect the power cord to each set box.

wait 5 minutes and plug them all back in one at a time until they were at the start up screen. In cable that was channel zero. It was via doing this you actually reset the lineup and other functions. I know this works because I recently did this at my mother in laws house with 4 brand new set top boxes with DVR the guy who was assisting me stayed on the line and look at each box. He did a great job. All worked perfectly doing what I told you to do above.

and hey if it doesn’t work you still lost nothing for trying.

i do not advocate expensive tv packages when I use a streaming service with 165 stations for $40 a month no bogus taxes or sports fees or administrative fees just a flat $40 much better value and you can save money from Fios . Just need internet. Bingo

0 Likes
Re: NEED HELP - FIOS - NOT GETTING CORRECT CHANNELS - NO ONE CAN FIGURE IT OUT
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Osenbc2,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes