NHL Network HD in RI/MA
spy178
Enthusiast - Level 2
The NHL Network HD channel in RI/MA is only coming through in SD 480i format.  I have confirmed on other boards that others in this area are having the same issue and that others outside of this area are receiving the station in HD.  Can someone from VZ please look into this.  Hockey is just not the same in SD.  Thanks.
0 Likes
Re: NHL Network HD in RI/MA
spy178
Enthusiast - Level 2
i don't think it's getting better exposure here...Someone at Verizon needs to look into this.  There have been calls made into VZ and the reps state that it is a provider issue.  Seems hard to believe since it is only affecting those in RI/MA.  Everyone else with fios around the country is reporting that the station is in HD.  Thanks.
0 Likes
cbinma
I also have noticed the same thing. We are no longer getting the HD feed in MA. It is 480i. Are other areas the same?
0 Likes
spy178
Enthusiast - Level 2
No it is just affecting the MA and RI areas.  It has been verefied by people (from another forum) in other areas that they are receiving it in HD. 
0 Likes
spy178
Enthusiast - Level 2

Techman,  Any chance of getting an answer on this?  There was a good hockey game on NHL Network last night and hockey is just not the same in SD!  One of my main factors for finally switching over to FIOS was when they added NHL Network HD!  Let me know if you have any ?'s.  Thanks.

0 Likes
hughestl

I'm in PA and I do not get 587.  087 comes in fine, but not 587.  A neighbor receives 587 without any issues.

VZ is looking into this for me and has been for some time.  Their current plan is to replace the box outside my home in hopes that is is some sort of firmware issue. 

The curious thing is that I have 3 different HD boxes (each is a different model) and the only channel that does not come in is 587.  All other HD and non-HD channels come in fine.

0 Likes