Need help taping a program to a vcr from my dvr
KJH278
Enthusiast - Level 3
 How come every time I try to a a record a  program from my  dvd to my VCR I get a black screen
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need help taping a program to a vcr from my dvr
mattheww50
Contributor - Level 2

What model DVR do you have, and what output on the DVR and Input on the VCR are you using?

(how are the two connected). I don't have any trouble using the S-Video output on my 6416 going into the S-Video input of a JVD S-VHS VCR. (The component output is used for my HD TV and runs 1080 i)

YOu may have selected the wrong input on the VCR to record from, or the cables may be connected incorrectly. At least on the 6416, the composite video and S-video outputs are active even when HD output is in use. So if it is connected properly, it should work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Need help taping a program to a vcr from my dvr
mattheww50
Contributor - Level 2

What model DVR do you have, and what output on the DVR and Input on the VCR are you using?

(how are the two connected). I don't have any trouble using the S-Video output on my 6416 going into the S-Video input of a JVD S-VHS VCR. (The component output is used for my HD TV and runs 1080 i)

YOu may have selected the wrong input on the VCR to record from, or the cables may be connected incorrectly. At least on the 6416, the composite video and S-video outputs are active even when HD output is in use. So if it is connected properly, it should work.

0 Likes