Need to check on a cable request...
NancyR1

We had another cable break back in October.  You guys came out and ran a temporary line very quickly.  I called on 10/23 to make sure no one would come and bury the permanent replacement line until we had cleared a ton of wood from the back yard so that the crew could have access and requested that we be home when the line was buried.  The last time this was done our yard was heavily gouged up and we had two sprinkler lines cut.

The rep at that time said that the account was noted and that nothing would be done until we were ready.  Earlier this week someone came out and marked the lines while we were out.  That's after another guy had come out early in October and tried to mark lines.  He said he'd also check to make sure our account was noted as not ready to be worked.

Today I've spent the last hour plus on the phone (across two different agents and unsuccesful transfers) trying to get someone to just double check our account and make sure a) the crew won't waste it's time coming out without access to work and b) we'll be home so we can minimize the damage.  One of the agents said he saw no order in the system (good) but he couldn't explain why someone had marked the lines...which is usually a good indication someone is coming to dig.

He transfered me to the burial services department and gave me the number.  Unfortunately he transferred me to the department that handled cable burials in PA, NJ, and DE but could do nothing in Virginia.  She wasn't able to give me the correct number or transfer me to the Potomac cew but said I had to call back into the long wait times of the main number and have them transfer me to Potomac.  Not really what I was looking for after so much time on the phone.

Without spending even more time fruitlessly, how do I make sure no one is going to come out until they can actually reach the places they need to and that we'll be home?

0 Likes
Re: Need to check on a cable request...
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes