Need to replace my VERIZON remote
TeddySeidenfeld

My Verizon TV FIOS remote no longer works.

It is model

RC1445302/00B

3139 23816051

Please advise how to exchange/replace it.

Thank you,

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need to replace my VERIZON remote
viciousd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another contributer gave the following great tip to clean your remotes so they continue to work.  I tried this tip on two remotes and they work like new.  I used non bleach clorox wipes instead of windex and a paper towel.  

"Do what I did, take the batterys out and there is a small screw under the left AA battery remove that screw and gently pry open the case once open clean the black contacts on the rubber key pad and the board contacts with Windex and a paper towel, wet the towel with the windex. I did this and the remote works the way it should."

View solution in original post

starrin
Contributor - Level 3
There are lots of avenues. But, so as it won't be a shock. they are no longer free. Read through some of these: http://www.bing.com/search?q=Fios+TV+Remote+Control+Replacement&FORM=QSRE6
pgucer

I need to replace the remote for my TV

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have another remote from another TV turn on your box and go to Menu > Customer support > Top support tool > Replace Fios remote. 

You can do it right on the TV. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Edg1 wrote:

If you have another remote from another TV turn on your box and go to Menu > Customer support > Top support tool > Replace Fios remote. 

As others have said, there is a fee for this.

You can also order online from Verizon.

Or look on eBay. There are always a number available there.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CRobGauth wrote:

@Edg1 wrote:

As others have said, there is a fee for this.

You can also order online from Verizon.

Or look on eBay. There are always a number available there.

Your saying there is a charge in addition to the cost of the remote? But if you order it online that fee is waived?

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

No.

Just reminding them that ordering via STB has a fee for the remote (ie it isn't free)

Same as ordering online.

viciousd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another contributer gave the following great tip to clean your remotes so they continue to work.  I tried this tip on two remotes and they work like new.  I used non bleach clorox wipes instead of windex and a paper towel.  

"Do what I did, take the batterys out and there is a small screw under the left AA battery remove that screw and gently pry open the case once open clean the black contacts on the rubber key pad and the board contacts with Windex and a paper towel, wet the towel with the windex. I did this and the remote works the way it should."

Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

It never hurts to check the option on the STB, it can detect if you are eligable for a free replacement apparently I had 4 free remote available when I upgraded to VMS a couple years ago.

I needed a remote and I called in, the agnet said oh... you are eligable for 4 free replacement remotes. Try dpijg it through the box it should say order now without a price.

It worked 😄

FredF11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Per another contributor, "Do what I did, take the batterys out and there is a small screw under the left AA battery remove that screw and gently pry open the case once open clean the black contacts on the rubber key pad and the board contacts with Windex and a paper towel, wet the towel with the windex. I did this and the remote works the way it should."

I tried it and it worked like a charm. It looked as though some sort of an oily substance (could be oil from fingers) developes between the button pads and the printed circuit board which acts as an insulator. I used a combination of Windex on Q-Tips and paper towels. WORKS GREAT!