Netflix Crashing Fios TV One box
Butterstick1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded to the FIOS TV One box.  However, every time I try to tune to channel 838 to watch Netflix, the box crashes.  I just keep getting a spining circle and the picture flashes (or it's black with the spinning symbol).  I am able to log into Netflix fine, but pretty much soon after when I select a profile (and I've tried multiple profiles), it crashes.  I'm forced to unplug and replug the box back in.  I swapped the set top box out thinking it was the issue with the box, but the new box is having the same issue.  I did not have this problem on my STB before the upgrade to FIOS One.  Also, Netflix seems to work fine on my Fios One Mini box, so it's just a problem with the main media server.  Any ideas???

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Netflix Crashing Fios TV One box
Butterstick1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It turned out to be a handshake issue when running through a receiver and using non-quality hdmi wires.  Unplugging from the receiver for a week an replacing the wire solved the issue.  Took a few months before a I finally got a Verizon support person who knew what the issue was. 

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try menu, system, system information, hit info,down arrow, ok to reset Netflix app. Hope that helps.

Butterstick1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This did not work.  Same thing happened when I reset and then logged back in. 

0 Likes
Butterstick1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It turned out to be a handshake issue when running through a receiver and using non-quality hdmi wires.  Unplugging from the receiver for a week an replacing the wire solved the issue.  Took a few months before a I finally got a Verizon support person who knew what the issue was. 

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!